Hollow justifications for buying gear

I know, that’s why I want it.
That and the hoover, obvs.

It’s no use, she’s not much of a reader.

She “You have guitars”
Me “But, this one is Red

6 Likes

Its so cheap I cant afford not to buy it!

4 Likes

that was me after the barrage of cyber month packages delivered to our door haha i mean, who doesn’t need another fuzz pedal?

I like synthesisers

1 Like
5 Likes

I actually bought a Soundcraft EFX12 after watching that full Legowelt studio tour and it had nothing at all to do with the fact that the knobs are nice colours.

2 Likes

It’s funny you bring that up, because I bought the EFX12 a couple of years ago and seeing it in this video was justification for spending over £300 on a mixer (which at the time was a fair chunk of cash).
If it’s good enough for Legowelt…

Hollow.

1 Like

That is a beautiful guitar. I have a Tele and a Strat that I rarely use these days but I’d still love a Jazzmaster like that. Great colour.

1 Like

My reasoning exactly.

I’m sure this one will have that ‘warm’ sound…

2 Likes

I’m a sucker for that one…

Gear + hollow …

… in one sentence?!

Another favourite of mine: „if I add another [cheaper] item, the grand total looks a lot friendlier considering I get multiple items.“

4 Likes

Yes, lived that one more than once :smiley:

1 Like

Guilty!

1 Like

If I buy the one currently on eBay , which is in better condition , I can sell my older one.
Though in reality i’ll Just keep 2 , and only use the old one.

1 Like

Ones I’ve never used.

It was pre owned by (insert celeb name here) … for some reason that means it’s worth more and I want it more than one owned by a ‘non’ famous person.

In reality it’s still just another electronic box that another human has touched / sold.

It’s been autographed by (insert musicians name here)

In reality that just means someone has been handed a pen , scrawled on it to indicated both were in the same vicinity at some point , then went in with their life while the owner of said item keeps those ‘fond memories’ or throws it on eBay to make some cash from suckers.

My Octatrack looks hungry…

2 Likes