Hip hop made with the Digitakt

you inspired me and I Made 3 quicky beats at lunch today. of course they lack the completion and polish of yours but you gave me some new ideas to run with. ill post them in a bit.

-NV

1 Like

https://soundcloud.com/nakedviking/sets/tylenol-teriyaki

heres what I came up with.

-nv

6 Likes

Nice man! I really like the old wu-tang like vibe on the first one

1 Like

thanks my dude! much appreciated!

dope!

And another Lofi one for this Rainy Saturday (at least here in Amsterdam it is)
(digitakt on sample and drums, moog minitaur on bass)

8 Likes

Just released today with a group that Iā€™m 1/3 of! Tracks 1,2,6, and 12 all Digitakt (some ext synths sequenced too). Lots of Digitakt and some Rytm all over the rest.

5 Likes

Iā€™m listening to this as Iā€™m still in ā€œwake up modeā€. I felt compelled to dance around listening to this.

I guess the music fulfills it intended purpose. Congrats!

2 Likes

Sympa. Pas beaucoup de taf dessus mais le sample original est une pĆ©pite dā€™un 45T franƧais.

OK, I cheated on this one. The OT is in play, but isnā€™t playing the beat. Still counts, right ?

8 Likes

Hey noob alert hereā€¦first track after a few days owning itā€¦some samples with a nice filter for bassline. having fun with this!

5 Likes

Very nice, keep it up everyone!

1 Like

So itā€™s not quite hip hop but footwork is a close cousin. I have an OT taking care of the voice samples but the bulk of the track comes from the drums performed on the Digitakt.

9 Likes

Hey guys ! First post here, but long time lurkerā€¦ Got myself a Digitakt during Black Friday, and bam, here I am.

Allow me to introduce myself with my first beat done on this lovely machineā€¦

@DimensionsTomorrow @Sleepyhead Iā€™m following you guys on SC, really nice beats you got thereā€¦

9 Likes

NiCE!
Welcome

1 Like

Really fun vocal manipulation there! Good stuff.

1 Like

Loving this thread so much, so much good music

1 Like

Cheers man! Thanks and welcome to the group!

1 Like

Killer beat! Bumping it on my train ride home. Fantastic drums, and really nice mix.

2 Likes

Haha, thanks man ! Gives me motivation to keep diving into this box of wonderā€¦

BTW, the lowpass filter sounds SO GOOD on the digitaktā€¦ makes doing old school low end theory a pleasure ! Kinda wish there was a 4 pole filter as well for more drastic filtering (dem potential phase problems, thoā€¦)

Is there something akin to beat battles on Elektronauts ?

1 Like