Hip hop made with the Digitakt

here’s a short one using the Bastl Thyme. Heat and Digitone are only for fx.
The tom fills are direct inspiration from Ivar Tryti’s beat techniques.

1 Like

I know some of y’all are probably already on this or something similar, but I’ve been using FL Studio Mobile as sample fodder for the DT. Decent FX built in, really easy to use and some pretty basic but workable sounds. For those on iOS you’ve got even more options for easy mobile sampling/sound design.

Small beat I made with Digitakt and Analog heat. I wanted dirt. I got it. Love AH.

3 Likes

Good trick. I don’t have smartphone but using computer as sample source. For a compact mobile setup FL Studio Mobile can do the job for sure.

Hey guys, another production of mine i did ONLY on Digitakt, Thats my favorite one and its on Spitify.
There is more to be coming.
Of course with the help of external gear like MicroKorg, miced up guitar amp and a Model D.
Have listen and get swallpwed :blush:

2 Likes

Hey there!
I made two EPs with Digitakt only! Love the workflow.

6 Likes

That’s quality boom-bap. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Kram is great. Especially “Maito” and “Afnood” - The BTTF sample is cool.

1 Like

Noice!
Great work! I dig it.
So amazong to see peeps putting stuff on Spotify made with the takt. :blush:

117.3 Bpm F Key
All Digitakt All The Way

1 Like

Another track I made only with the Digitakt.
I have a friend who is singing and playing guitar. I recorded her when she played at his home. I choose a sample from 1h30 of play and made this beat.
The sample is at the start of the song. Everything is made from this except the drums.
Processed by Analog Heat to add dirt and compress / limit before encoding to make it more punchy.
Not sure about the compresser / limiter part I’m a newbie in this.
Here is the sound:

3 Likes

How’ve you been enjoying the OT after a few months with it? Would you say it was worth parting with the DT+404?

1 Like

Sadly, time spent beatmaking has been a bit scarce lately, and the OT remains a mysterious territory to explore.

Can share my “first impressions”, though…

The OT is indeed ultra powerful: the sequencer runs circles around DT, you can slice, you can REALLY edit your audio files, you can stack effects in a modular fashion, 3 lfo’s etc.

But I must admit I have trouble making it mine. I was excited to go home and switch on my DT even for 10 minutes, but I won’t bother touching my OT unless I have at least one or two good hours of beatmaking ahead. Let’s say the whole user experience is a bit less friendly than with the DT.

To whoever feels good with the DT + SP pair, I’d say: keep it and milk it to death before moving up to OT. More power doesn’t always equal more fun, and I find myself craving a simpler main box pretty often.

Oh well, I’ll keep on exploring OTland and report back again later.

7 Likes

Some ppl love and have very good result with complexity. I have a friend who can’t imagine making music without complex DAW and tons of VST with ultra fine possibilities. Some other, like me, love the limit and simple things and push it to the max using tricks to achieve more complex stuff.
Know what kind of person you are and I think you will know if you will go with the OT or with the DT.

2 Likes

I’m a mix of both. I LOVE limitations & finding tricks to get what I want, but I also love complexity at times. I know it’s not always possible, but having a mix of limited hardware & complex hardware is the best of both worlds (also a mix of hardware & software), so if it’s possible I would say keep the DT & sp404 AND buy an OT :relaxed: That way you can pick what to use depending on your mood & the amount of time you have for that particular session.

All tho I noticed even when I use my more complex hardware or when I use software (Maschine Mk3) I use it in a more limited way. For example I don’t use VST’s, when using Maschine I just use it as a sequencer/sampler for my hardware & even tho it has a really quick chopping feature I still chop everything up myself (but I started on a sp404 chopping by ear), part of it is because I like to have the control. I want to make the music I don’t want my machines making it for me!!! But of course I like their help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Trying hard to keep them short and to the point:) DT>THYME>DN>HEAT
Only DT as a sound source. Peace!

10 Likes

https://soundcloud.com/apollox-3/solaris beat i made with records and digitakt presets, yall lmk what yall think

2 Likes

new beat i made today, that i really like , yall lmk what yall think https://soundcloud.com/apollox-3/sound-familiar

4 Likes

Super smooth beat! :+1:

2 Likes

thanks!

Yup, that’s cool.

1 Like