Hip hop made with the Digitakt

a lot of digitakt on this with a sort of experimental swung hip hop vibe. analog blaps. later tracked through ableton. named after a quality beer.

4 Likes

Some really nice beats on here, :slight_smile: this is something Iā€™m working on.
sorry for the terrible quality on this

8 Likes

Very nice @Yabba! I like the drums a lot.

Hereā€™s one I did the other dayā€¦ I sampled some keys and synths into the digitakt and recorded drums & guitar in my daw to go with it

8 Likes

Oh gosh! Youā€™ve mastered this instrument. Great performance!

1 Like

:pray:t2::heart:ļø

is six minutes of jam from Digitakt
stbb this week

1 Like

Do any of you guys also have experience with the op-1 for doing hiphop? How would it compare to the DT? I have the opportunity to get one for relatively cheap.

I love the DT and would change anything about it except for maybe adding battery power and a slicing function, both of which the op-1 seems to haveā€¦ are there any downsides?

1 Like

I would like to know which one people seem to preferā€¦ Iā€™m torn between them too. Iā€™m a bit leaning towards the OP-1. I feel it sounds really unique and nothing out there, vst or hardware, that sounds like it. The Digiton IS special, but I feel it doesnā€™t sound too different than other synths, it appeals to me as a good Digitakt companion.

1 Like

As someone who sold an OP-1 for a Digitakt, I much prefer the DT. I mainly make Lo-Fi hip hop and chill ambient pop.

Personally, I could never get along with the tape function of the OP-1. It was nice to sketch out ideas, but it was impossible to put anything resembling a live set together. I realised that I much prefer Elektron sequencers and the live flexibility that they allow.

The DT doesnā€™t have slicing, thatā€™s true. But it still gives you a fair amount of control over the samples.

The Digitakt recently got a compressor too, which IMO is far superior to the OP-1s.

I would personally recommend a Digitakt and Digitone over an OP-1. As a combo, theyā€™re pretty much unbeatable.

4 Likes

I guess this is hip hop

Iā€™m obsessed with that San Fermin track ā€œOh Darlingā€ so I played around with it in the Digitakt

1 Like

This is the second thing I made on my Digitakt. Itā€™s a jazzy/hip hoppy instrumental.

5 Likes

This is the first thing I made on my Digitaktā€¦

2 Likes

OP-1 as a one stop lofi beats prod/live machine, all day. I got the DT as well and liked it but I found the workflow to be complicated in comparison with the op-1 which always fun. Also not being able to tap slices on pads per track on the DT isnā€™t great. I appreciate there are ways around it but it got the better of me, coming from a MPC background.
Also the OP portability (battery + size) kicks everyoneā€™s ass out the window.
As for livesets, I organise my op-1 produced loops on ableton live (mostly levels and space management to cram as many beats as possible) and end up with about 25-30 looped beats on the tape.
I find the tape absolutely amazing for live tricks, the more you use it the more they come.
Anyway, for the sampled beats I make, the op-1 is perfect.

2 Likes

Thanks for this great replyā€¦ iā€™ll probably end up with one soon, as the idea of having a truly portable beatmaking machine is just awesome. I also used an mpc 1000 for years, and expected i would miss using the pads to play sample chops, but so far the dt is my favourite piece of gear ever. The control over details in terms of envelopes, filter and microtiming are so immediate and usefull that the dt to me is the most usefull sampler ever. If i get an op-1, it will not be at the expense of my dtā€¦ :D. As you own both: how are they working together? Or do you mainly use them on seperate occasions?

1 Like

Some Modbap flavour this time around

A post shared by Rad Sewage (@radsewage) on Jul 10, 2018 at 3:01pm PDT

Some more boombappy type hiphop, all digitakt, running samples and controlling a moog minitaurā€¦

6 Likes

Hereā€™s one Iā€™ve been working on today :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Sounds like a Final Fantasy Hip-Hop remix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did another today.
The quality is bad as Iā€™m just using my iPhone mic.
Iā€™m just waiting on the elusive ā€œOā€ before I record and master anything and in the meantime Iā€™ve got two dozen not quite finished beats lol

17 Likes

Very nice