Hip hop made with the Digitakt

Received my Digitakt yesterday, made my first beat, i guess we can call this hip hop.
The DN + DT combo is a lot of fun !

1 Like

I really dig your style.

1 Like

Thank you my man!

Never tried my hand at a hip-hop track, but I just got a Digitakt and thought Iā€™d try. Hereā€™s a work in progressā€¦

Samples originally from song: ā€œThe Girl from Ipanemaā€, jazzy guitar samples are me, piano sounds, etc. are original Morphagene samples Iā€™ve been playing around with. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/greenanother/jazz-1

2 Likes

Two more I did, completely done on the digitakt, dsi tetra and some vinylā€¦

8 Likes

7 Likes

a little glitchy lofi beat. no eq or post just digitakt and some blown out tape : )

https://web.stagram.com/p/Bfw011QBlIH

2 Likes

Here is a new beat I uploaded today

šŸš€ New track!! Getting more and more into the Digitakt. Track starts with a sample from the movie ā€˜I Love You, Daddy.ā€™ Youtube link in bio...

A post shared by Adnan (@spceboi_) on Feb 28, 2018 at 12:06pm PST

3 Likes

damn that Hey beat is just sheer fiyah!

1 Like

hello everybody.
I have been making some digitakt only stuff, most remains in the machine waiting for OB!
To get some out, started submit for STBB sometimes.
Usually work fast, make nice minimal beat, jam it out live from Digitakt, post.
Have add random movie quote at head and tail from ā€œGalaxy Destroyerā€

Just discovered this thread and loving the tunes!

For hip hop made with the DT, Iā€™m curious if yā€™all are predominantly using live or grid recording mode? Iā€™m accustomed to the MPC workflow for beats, so I love (and miss) velocity-sensitive pads (for Dilla vibes). Any recommended workarounds or techniques?

2 Likes

I just make the drums either live with each drum on a separate track, and adjust with micro timing. Or put trigs of all the drums on one track and adjust with micro trigs as well to create the off beat feel, and then I go one by one and adjust velocity after as you cant do it live on the digi.

jam along beat from digitakt add atmos and cut sounds from atmos
(record it on H6)

1 Like

Hi quick one with sp404 on effects duty
https://youtu.be/1po1P4DN12g

3 Likes

I kind of want a 404 just so I can bang stickers all over it, Iā€™m too precious with elektron gear to do it. Saw your other rythm roulette style video before, cool stuff

1 Like

hey man thanks alotā€¦same here would never put stickers on any other gear too especially elektron haha. Thanks for watching bro!!

2 Likes

Just made this one, completely digitakt except for the scratches

12 Likes

Nice! I love the more mellow and jazzy end of things, as well as the synthy end. This kind of blends the two. My son actually makes tracks similar to this.

1 Like

Here is this week stbb submission
100% digitakt

also this week have dropped a digitakt only
beattape on Audiomack, BC, soundcloud
called ā€œTwin Tigers at Lucky Morning Gateā€

1 Like

nice beats as always, been rapping on them. kills me sticking within the 8 bars though, you do a lot of short beats. not sure if thats just because its how you like working or its to avoid repetitiveness. I donā€™t know if you rap or just make beats but from rappers perspective I sit with a beat looping for a long time as I write, what might sound repetitive to you generally isnā€™t going to be nearly as repetitive to someone hearing it for the first time, and in particular rappers wont mind the repetition. add a second verse sometimes, even if its just a repeat of the first with a little variation.

and also I donā€™t know if you intend on people rapping on your beats at all, and you might well be a rapper and not even need the advice. basically all iā€™m saying is I like your beats a lot, I just wish they were longer