Hidden elektron secrets

Nope. :content:
800x631 max.

Fair enough, DIN A4 in a frame from 1m still looks crisp, I’d think.

Analog four top board

14 Likes

One day some advanced future civilisation will uncover one of these from an archaeological dig, and ponder the meaning of these curious pixel glyphs :space_invader:

5 Likes

The other night the Octatrack either plucked some alien signals out of the air or became self aware, not sure which at this point.

6 Likes

Oh, apparently MK2 wasn’t just a “cosmetic update” ^^

I don’t pretend to know the details, especially of MK1 vs MK2 firmwares but yeah it has been a bit disappointing to see that the OT freaks out at approximately the same rate (in my experience) as Ableton on mac, sort of sinking “hardware for reliability” as a dogmatic truism, though I think in general that notion still holds water (I trouble myself with DIN MIDI cables as opposed to USB because I’ve simply been burned too many times by the flakiness of USB, not a perfect example I admit). Regardless, I’ll always stand with the people grateful for what these machines offer over those that unthinkingly denigrate it all because they think that that having paid money they are entitled to 100% bug free and accurate devices. This is simply not how a world of humans + human-made things operate, especially in small companies, and I believe Elektron generally puts in enough effort to immunize themself from the flaws of their own creations.

1 Like

Sequential used to do similar stuff in the era of the Pro One and Prophet. My Pro One has got a smilier graphic on i5 as this net-sourced image. I’ll get some pics when I get around to re bushing the keybed in mine.

1 Like

Behind Elektron headquarters you’ll find a brick wall that looks newer and different from the rest of the wall. Bring a hammer, chisel, and a tank of oxygen…

3 Likes

But unfortunately only Mk1. A4 mk2 is boring green without secrets.

In the Digitone:
Down, Forward, Low Punch = freeze

4 Likes

^ proud to say I actually discovered the “freeze” move myself through random button mashing, but it took some experimenting to perfect the combo

Haha^^Imagine the look on their faces when someone enters the office with an oxygen tank on the back. :laughing:

Then a giant mech stomps through the wall, inside sitting Cenk hitting buttons like crazy on dual Octatracks^^

3 Likes

Maybe there is a hidden warp drive button in your octatrack and it was trying to tell you about it through alien code :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

where is the sticker?

If you press up, down, left, right, a, b, start on OT whilst booting you get infinite sampling time.

6 Likes

and a lolypop
:lollipop:

1 Like

Isn’t it 30 sampling times?

2 Likes

Only if you’re Mk I !

2 Likes

Are you calling me MKI !? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like