Hi, im ylva and im making a youtube album using mainly elektron boxes

Also, the track Beaufort is so goddamn good I spit on the floor while listening to it.

1 Like

Can only echo the people in this thread - outstanding work! From a technical / compositional standpoint it’s marvellous how you utilize the four tracks of the Digitone. Seems there’s never anything missing nor is there ever too many things going on at once. First and foremost, however, the vibe of the whole set is just absolutely beautiful. Thank you!

2 Likes

thank you very much @korpinen
it is very helpful to have only four tracks, it keeps everything nice and under control, so things get to be more focused. im a big fan of this workflow

1 Like

As a Digitone student, i can say that you and Ivar are clearly the most obvious masters i’ve come across so far.
I’ m sure i will get to know other ones better, but you two are really setting the bar.

3 Likes

@ylva just bought the album, and it’s amazing!!

I also started to use the Secret Friend Device for the Digitakt and its mental!! how easy is to have a perc banger. I only have a doubt, how can I record the sequences generated in the midi tracks of ableton inside the Digitakt tracks?

Thanks!

1 Like

hi @lester , thank you so much for the kind words <3
if you want to record the sequences you need to do it realtime, best if you set ableton to send clock to the digitakt, press play in ableton and record on the digitakt and let it run for whatever pattern length you have it set to. also note that if you want to record the fills you need to set the pattern to x2 scale on the digitakt and probably pre-chain some patterns the patterns before you start recording
and also: there is a dedicate thread for secret friend / temporarium secretarium and all my future software endeavours here:

3 Likes

hello, long overdue but i finally got to put these for free download on bandcamp if anyone is interested <3

14 Likes

Just wanted to say I keep coming back to the song Rush over and over again. I’ve listened to the song probably 50 times and I’m still totally floored by it! The drums are amazing and the vocal samples are so incredibly lush. Not to mention the general vibe that just takes me on a journey every time!

5 Likes

thank you @korpinen , its my fav of the ep aswell

1 Like

hello everyone, “The Era Of Imperfect Memory” is a new record / video performance / instrument i have released today. it was made with the octatrack, digitone, ableton and a max for live device i wrote. i would like to describe it as a musical essay about time, movement, dust and memory.

i also wanna point out that youtube started putting adds before my videos without asking me or me earning anything out of it so please accept my sincere apologies.

the download also contains “We’ve Met Before” , a max for live device i wrote which could be described as a reoccurring texture and minimal rhythm generator.
it can sound like a lonely tree standing in a field with many oddments tied up to its branches. it can also sound like a haunted orchestra or generate landscapes, drones and rhythmic pulses (free, quantized or between) which can be used as the foundation of a beat. it also possible to process external signals (mainly made for drums, but sounds interesting on other sources as well) and integrate them into the overall sound.

if you are broke and you want a copy pm me and ill get you sorted, no questions asked.

xx
y

26 Likes

More wonders! Super inspiring, gorgeous music

1 Like

Nice man! Love the krautrock vibes on Pendulum Heights

1 Like

just updating this thread with a demo video of “We’ve Met Before” which is included with the release :heart:

7 Likes

The music stands alone, amazing work.

But kaleidoscopic cheetah is next level.

1 Like

Are you doing this full time?
I am so impressed…

1 Like

thank you! currently its rather doing me than me it <3

3 Likes

The era is brilliant, one of my favourites so far. Who are the people in Marked by a Memory? is there a story behind this? Thank you so much for continuing the journey of your supreme creativity.

2 Likes

@Cosmic thank you very much :black_heart:
this is the story of a man marked by an image

3 Likes

@ylva I truly love era of imperfect memory! After listening I went on a bit of Ylva binge and I must say that I’m truly grateful for both what you’re posting but also how you’re posting it… it’s is truly inspiring…

Especially the way you use vocals!

Ever since I got into making electronic music I wanted to inplement my vocalist background into my music but I keep reaching these weird mental blocks both on the vocal side of things and on the hardware side of things… how do you go about vocals in songs like the era? Is it played from Octatrack or from something else? How are vocal tracks such as that set up?
Would love to hear your process if you don’t mind!

4 Likes

@MichaalHell thank you very much for listening and for the kind words, its a bit of a broader topic so short answer is that some of the vocals were prepared in a daw and then played from the octatrack (for example in “the era”) and some were processed directly in the OT (parts of “marked by a memory”), i promise ill get back to that when time is on my side and give you a proper answer <3

speaking of time, “timeless” was actually the first 12” i ever bought, didn’t really know what it was back then, i just loved the cover. guess i was really lucky cause i remember the first time i listened to it and how a completely new multiverse of sound and atmosphere has opened up on me

13 Likes