Hey Universe! Where's my gear?

I’m pretty lucky and happy. I play in a great band, make music with tons of talented people, and I’m getting to travel.

I had the bright idea to forgo renting a place for the next few months because I would be on tour or hanging out in Brazil with my girlfriend.
To facilitate such ends, I put things in storage I didn’t want to sell or giveaway, and consolidated my electronic rig to OT, AH, KP3, MIO10, Nord Drum 1, an Telefunken M80, and iPad. Mind you, I figured out how to fit them all in a Pelican 1610 ( minus the iPad ) and voila, I have my rig whenever I need to fly.
This worked out great! I recorded some great samples of wildlife and neighborhood sounds in Brazil, as well as got some good focused practice with my rig.

I write this about to at LAX, whilst this airplane is about to push off from the jetway to take me to my next gig with my band and I’m a little miffed.

You see, Jet Blue can’t find my bag. It didn’t make it to Austin with me like the rest of my baggage, and so their story is it somehow got lost in the secured customs intake area.

I know they’re going to make it right by either finding my stuff or buying me new stuff… but it’s my fault the CF card was still in OT and I didn’t back it up.

Anyway, I hope y’all day is great!

1 Like

Ah! Yeah the Brazil part sounds fun and the gear part sounds like either they’ll find it or you’ll get a fresh start with some new gear😁

Oh man, that’s so rough!
Hopefully they find it… If this is all happening just now there’s a good chance they will…

The Blue in Jet Blue is in you.

I’m sorry, that’s rough! Good luck!

1 Like

Terrible news but hopefully they locate it!

So I’ve been bugging customer service and jetBlue’s Central Baggage Service 3-4 times a day, and started writing letters to the top brass today… I figure give the universe some help, right?

All in all, I can’t be to pissed because shit happens, and I’m adult enough to understand that.

Anyway, just as I’m about to drop the letters in the mail, someone from jetBlue’s CBS ( in my mind at least Central Bull Shit ) department calls to let me know they’ve found my bag and are gonna FedEx me my stuff while we’re out here on the road.

I’m just wondering now ignoring everything is in there as it should be.

5 Likes

hope your gear was insured. i would expect you wont get a full refund.

good luck man!

Maaaaan, things do happen. Get high!:leaves::dizzy::dizzy:

The Universe is not without a sense of humor!
Also, here’s my band… no Elektron gear in play yet…

http://www.greyhoundsmusic.com

1 Like

The song in that video…is that about “Info Wars”?

Absolutely understood about how Universe is very busy with stellar phenomena and does not give a flying fuck about me and my gear.
EYE, as part of Universe does give a flying fuck, and is bringing all available fucks to bear on the fucks that caused this fuckup, in hopes that this fucking debacle gets resolved fucking quickly, with a hopefully fucking favorable outcome.

In other words, if a drop of water in the ocean is removed from the ocean, isn’t it still the ocean?
:metal:t5::v:t5::joy::rofl::+1:t5::ocean:

1 Like

Not about Info Wars specifically. It’s about the war being waged for your/our mind/minds.

All these moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain

thumbnailImage

2 Likes

C’mon mate… time has no end or beginning. Perception from (apparently) limited consciousness makes it seem so.
Besides, all those tears would end up back in the ocean from which they came.
So I’m not sweating it…
This is a unusual diversion from tour life that I am actually enjoying.

1 Like

Please have one of my fucks as good luck that you get your gear.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Also thanks for posting your videos on the YouTube. I have watched several on various pieces of gear, and have gleaned insight from you.

Appreciated, you are.

2 Likes

Now that’s it’s coming back I’ll tell you that I was going to say:
“Hopefully some techno head baggage worker didn’t score big!”
(I wanted to stay positive😅)

Oh yeah, the Universe! That thing is awesome!
My belief is that absolutely everything including people, rocks, objects, thoughts, and all that can be perceived is all absolutely connected and one in the same… Oneness split into infinity and looking back at itself from every possible angle. I don’t expect anyone to believe me and I’m not preaching anything, but for me realizing the oneness is what makes life flow smoothly, as there is nowhere one can be without access to everything that ever was, is, and shall be… In my world it’s the thought of separation that creates separation and therefore much external work to do. If you see the external reality as just as much a part of your internal reality, your outside material reality can bend and shape itself according to your internal reality…
Can’t speak for anyone else but it works for me… :smile:
Seems a lot to do with love and trust, and letting go of fear… For me not seeing myself as part of the connected universe is a form of fear, but trusting that I am is an act of love… The first causes separation and struggle, the later causes flowy connectedness and things working out better than I would imagine with minimal effort…

These are my beliefs, I don’t expect anyone to agree with them and encourage as much diversity as possible, but I felt like I’d freely share my perspective… :rainbow::monkey::rainbow:

8 Likes

2 Likes

Can you explain connected ? e.g. how are my balls “connected” to your forehead (sorry no dis respect, I just cant help making bad jokes ; )
And I dont get when “oneness” is used. Is it even a real word ?

2 Likes

6 Likes