Hey, it's me again, sad ambient guy

Took a summer break from music making, but suddenly got some inspiration from Maniac series, and decided to put it to use. Made with OT, one sample, 4 flex machines, 4 neighbors

17 Likes

Very nice, reminds me of a lot of the stuff I used to listen to around the turn of the century like oval and fennesz.

I like it. How are you doing that stutter thing? Every time I try it I get nothing but harsh clicking, sounds horrible!

I don’t know why but this track reminds me of my home country, England.

@Dormouse, you should put all your soundcloud ‘R’ tracks on Bandcamp as an Album. I would buy it. Solid stuff!

6am…coffee…strong rain…just what i needed to get back to my OT… Thank you sir !

@Microtribe Yep, that was the plan, this album is definetely happening, most likely this fall. About the stutter thing - it’s an exteme timestretch. If you’re getting harsh sound, just keep changing the starting point until it sounds good to you.

@Fin25 Thanks a lot, that was the kind of a sound I was going for.

@ML yeah, the mood is spot on. And yes, OT is sometimes intimidating to get back to.

Thank you for your feedback guys, much appreciate it.

2 Likes

Oh no, am not intimidated ( although i should maybe :sunglasses: )… I meant that your music was perfect inspiration before switching on the… Beast

Wow, that’s really-really great! I’m currently addicted to the Replica album from Oneohtrix Point Never and your piece almost feels like a bonus track, thank you for sharing<3

(also this makes me want an OT so badddd)

This is gorgeous! :heart: Restrained and beautiful and yes, very early Oval and Fennesz before he went all shoegaze and widescreen. Also the first time I’ve heard the OT’s time-stretch used in such a pleasing manner - so really inspiring too.

Really really good

…the sad ambient guy…???..sounds like a damned good project name to me…u might consider, to take this as ur general headline for all what ur doing sonically…

Ambient guy, why’re so sad? No sad. No.

I think we all tend to gather here. Henlo 21991_ken_14_1
(another sad ambient guy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

1 Like

@Zifor that’s a perfect album cover if I’ve ever seen one.

@reeloy you know, I might actually consider it, haha. This way people would at least know what to expect from my music :smiley:

@Anfim Thank you, I’m glad you liked it!

@catbox Thanks a lot! You might want to check my other R-named tracks (and MA3.2), most of them feature heavy timestretch. It’s kind of a concept for this album I’m working on - creating something meaningful from very little source material. I know it’s nothing new, but it’s fun to do it anyway.

3 Likes

Its amazing how most people doing ambient simply wash the entire sound in Strymon Big Sky at 75% wet and let it ring out, but this is not that at all. Hearing true original ambient like this with its own unique style is wonderful. Now I gotta go find your other tracks.

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Good track–as said very inspiring. I haven’t made an ambient piece in a while and they’ve never been this pretty…

Lovely.
Truly amazing track!

Btw please don’t call yourself ‘the sad ambient guy’ it sounds like something from an infomercial. Go for something dreamy/techy/unpronounceable!

2 Likes

Foreign Quarters is fine.