Helsinki elektron / modular gigs

I was wondering if someone knows about places in Helsinki where i could go and listen to musicians playing Octatrack ( or elektron machines ) or Modular ?

thanks for reading !

1 Like

@Jukka do you know?

3 Likes

seems perfect :sunglasses:

Aika vähissä on octatrackin soittajat täällä. :stuck_out_tongue: Etenkin livesettien vetäjät. Onko muita kuin kaukolampi?

1 Like

You should visit Akusmata Sound Art Gallery (Tukholmankatu 7 K, 00270 Helsinki - Email: galleria.akusmata@gmail.com). They organised an event early this year (Polyphonic). Through them chances are you can get in touch with the composer Jaakko Penttinen & his friends at Turku Synthesizer Society who run a yearly event called Helsinki Synthetic. Hope this helps. Good luck!

2 Likes

The first weekend of this (two weeks ago) we had someone play a set only with an Octatrack. I played a set with my modular. Now I dunno what gear the rest are using in the coming weekend of performances, but hey you should come down anyway! (I’m part of the organizing team!)

https://www.facebook.com/events/796394507373111/?event_time_id=796394537373108&ti=as

Keep an eye out for the Lovi Ambientklubi events too, they happen every month and always are interesting.

2 Likes

kiitos paljon :ok_hand:

1 Like

Kiitos :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

no tietty meän oma häpy kumpulainen :sunglasses:

Not seeing alot of elektrons being used in live gigs over here tbh.

3 Likes

This year, Helsinki Synthetic is on the 18th of May. They’re getting going with the PR part of the operation (I’m partly a part of the organizing team).

Previous years have seen Elektron representation with Dataline performing, Maschine 3 demos, and all and everything a synth person could want. This year seems to be shaping up nicely, with Kontula Electronic figuring into it – it’s on the same weekend.

2 Likes

Great news ! Will be there