Help with setting master clock on Digitakt

Hello everyone,
Please bear with me. I am very new to hardware (“in the box” for the last 3 years).
I have just got a mono station in addition to my digitakt.
I would like to connect them all together and record in ableton via a crap laptop.
I do not have a audio interface or anything.

My Question is
I can connect the digitakt to the laptop via USB and the mono station to the digitakt using the audio in cables. How do i get the mono station and digitakt to sync up? is it as easy as having a midi out from the digitakt to the midi in on the mono station? or do i use the clock in? Or do i have to setup stuff in ableton?
I would like to use the digitakt as the master clock and set tempo there. I would like to use ableton just to record (would it be easier to use the standalone overbridge app?). I am going to try this tonight so any help or suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you in advance. And i am very happy to be joining the Elektron familiy :slight_smile:

checkout my music @ www.soundcloud.com/missantidote

Hey - yup set up the digitakt to send midi clock, and the mono to recieve clock. Plug a midi cable in the out jack on the digitakt, and in jack on the mono. That should make sure they are synced.

You can have Ableton get clock from the digitakt from midi over usb also.

that is great! thank you so much for the info :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if a “crap laptop” (as you described it) will get you anywhere with Overbridge.

I would just try it with Ableton how it goes. You can always fall back to the standalone app if necessary.

thank you! I have a i5 and 8mb ram so lets see how it goes tonight. Fingers Crossed!