Help with routing?

Glad everything’s working for ya!

Here is a messy collection of whatever tracks I spore out(loading them onto soundcloud is easier than loading them onto my phone directly)

Sounds like you’ve got some big plans on sound, I’d be eager to hear what you’ve got working as well! :slight_smile:

Edit: or I guess there’s a song that I made, I don’t understand this soundcloud preview biz. But just as well!

1 Like

the textures are very cool along with 90s techno ambient stuff! similar to some stuff im trying to work on. Now i figured out what the issue is and its not a malfunction. When Delay Send is past 0 it rotates the pan left and right. This is why i couldnt successfully split/hard pan because i have almost always rotated dsnd clockwise. At times the stereo pan can be cool but now i know to turn DSND to the negatives if i want mono. :smile:

2 Likes

There it is! Yeah, gotta go negative for mono delay. Definitely an interesting approach!

Sorry to dig up an old thread but this one sounded appropriate.

My Monomachine is still on route but doing some advance planning. I gather if one has many Audio Interface Inputs (I do!) - then the logical thing would be to utilise all 6 outs and this would then give me the flexibility to use any configuration? eg Stereo out / 6 mono / 3 x stereo pairs? However I guess with the Buses there is more flexibility and maybe most happy with stereo out only.

I presume you cannot change the output configuration per pattern / song??? Appears a global setting according to the manual I downloaded!

The routing is global, but those slots are quick to recall. For the longest time I had all 6 outputs connected to my sound card at all times and would indeed go back and forth between 3 x stereo and 6 x mono, but lately I’ve realized I rarely use all of them. I tend to make clips in Live then move on to the next sound I want to work on and generally stick to 3 x stereo mode as I’ve taken a liking to the FX!