Help with new MD

I just found a Machinedrum SPS-1 UW MK2 for fairly cheap price and picked one up without doing too much research.

I understand there is a UW+ version but my understanding this is still the MK2 version? I couldn’t find too much info about this online.

Also the device didn’t come with a power supply and I don’t have a 6V rolling around at my place.

Would something like this work?

Thanks in advance guys!

Don’t take any chances

4 Likes

Yup, if you’re going to splurge on an MD, the extra $25 is worth getting the real deal power supply. Plus Elektron ships super quick. Definitely worth it.

2 Likes

Would it ship fast to the states as well?

Should be, if you don’t want to take any chances

No longer available :frowning:

Perhaps I should Have checked that before linking it…

My bad

1 Like

No worries! Thanks for helping.

You can use an alternative as long as the voltage and polarity is the same. Amp output should be equal or greater than the original.

If you want to play it safe, find one that is UL listed.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m on the East coast and received mine (I bought an MD without a power supply as well) within 2 or 3 business days. I believe the US location is on the West coast?

This was a month or so ago, and there’s no telling what the current pandemic situation has done to those delivery times, but at any rate they are generally about as quick as you can expect.

Here’s the Mk2 power supply; it’s not compatible with the Mk1, so you need to be sure which version you have. If it is a Mk1, email them and see what happens, they may be able to help.

2 Likes

Oh perfect. I’m in California so this might work out. Thanks!

1 Like

@unxsr Mind sharing where you got it from and for how much? Been on a look out for one of these for quite a while now, but I usually see them go for > $1200.

Msg sent!