Help: setup

hello friends

So my octa is flex track 1-6 have different samples playing on them. Main out to channel 12 on my mixing desk.

I am saving track 7 and 8 on octa, and using them as a master insert channel on my mixing desk, via TRS send/return cable. from master out on mixer TO input AB on octatrack. Cue output octatrack, back into the mixer.

I have it set up so that I can use the octatrack filter and compressor on the master insert of my mixing desk, I’m trying to figure out how to set it up so that I can ALSO do delay, repeat, and sample on the fly with 7 and 8, how do I set that up, so that I don’t get feedback?

7 a thru track with just filter and/or eq?

8 a neighbor track with delay/compressor, or compressor/delay?

This signal will go back INTO the mixer, which then will come out of the master outs of the mixer, so I can use the master bus on my mixer to control volume level.

Help/suggestions APPRECIATED!

This should work without feedback as long as you send to CUE only.
You can always sample on the fly with the 8 track recorders. The way you want to use your samples is another story. More details needed.

For more mangling possibilities, (maybe more clicky too), instead of a Thru, you can use a Flex on T7, using its track recorder to record AB, and play Recording 07 (recordings are the first Flex slots).

Instead of a Neighbor, you can use a Flex on T8, using its track recorder to record T7, and play Recording 08.