Help.. Sequencing the Make Noise O Coast through Analog 4 CV

Hey guys I was after some help. I have just got a Make Noise O Coast and I am trying to connect it through CV to my Analog 4 I currently run my SH-101 with the step sequencer on the analog 4 through CV and I would like to do this with the make noise o coast also but cant get it to work…

Any help would be great!

1 Like

Seems like you have the A4 setup because you are using it with SH-101 already, the plugs should go as follows:

The CV will go into the “1V/Oct” jack, fifth from the left at the bottom.

The Gate will go into the “Gate” jack fifth from the right at the bottom.

2 Likes

Cant tune the notes, plays notes randomly…thanks

Come on, mate. If you wanna get help from this qualified community you probably need to provide some sort of context and symptoms.

How are you connecting things? What are your settings? What’s the randomness about? Pitch? Rhythm?

People like to put their teeth in stuff, but you need to provide a little more on your end. :okej:

In all kindness… //Carl Mikael

4 Likes

I used a guitar tuner to tune the synth that I wanted to sequence, using the analog fours cv config page in the global menu. You set the low note and then adjust the voltage until you hit that note. Then set the high note, start from the voltage you found for the low note and then adjust the voltage until you reach the high note. They say set the notes should be at least 3 octaves apart so something like C3 and C6. Make sure you are definitely playing the correct octave when you start or it ends up being a mess. Took me a couple of times.

haha yeah when I tried it first there was a total wtf face from me, was really confused why I couldnt get it to work properly

1 Like

Thanks to the excellent resource threads on this site, I was able to set up both my MS20-mini and my Minitaur in less than an hour, pitch perfect. Just search for “A4” and “CV” in the search bar, and something is bound to come up.

3 Likes

Do I need the lead from the A4 to go to two places? For pitch and gate? Also what tuning would be best. Anyone any experience with these two machines in particular? Thanks

There is no need for more than a single Cv, but you might have more fun with all 4 outs doing something. Tuning is totally dependant on what you hope to achieve, I suggest looking at some of the Make Noise patching videos for inspiration.

1 Like

if by tuning you mean, which voltage scaling works best for western tonal music, then the answer is 1v/oct

otherwise i dont know what you’re asking

1 Like

Can you explain more on this please, right now I have a stereo to a 1/4 inch jack into the 1/voct pin on the 0coast but I am not getting anything useable from it. Thanks.

This is really not a specific setup question as far as you’re concerned at this stage, you can read across virtually every lesson and comment (and there are many) on the existing threads if you search for A4 CV setup etc

It looks like you need to investigate the comments relating to the cable setup, I know I’ve commented on that a lot … if you don’t have a TRS to dual TS cable where the TRS-T and TRS-R are separated out then there are ways to work around this, again, covered in general discussions about this

If you want to sequence traditional ‘gating’ notes from the A4 then you need to send the gate and pitch out and your cables need to keep these signals separated … The pair of TRS out sockets on the a4 can be set up to behave as two TS outs if you don’t have a splitter(or insert type cable / breakout box) - so it’s possible to get basic sequencing up and running, then you can investigate the fun of using 4 CV channels and the flexibility of value-lin

1 Like

Ye you’re right man, I will do a bit more research. I think its the cable Im missing, Im only sending to pitch, no gate. So no use. Thanks for the info:)

2 Likes