help, samples not displaying

i had alot of samples working but some were 32bit. so i batch converted them with xld and now nothing apears on the octatrack. i loaded a new set, still nothing displays. i added new samples that were 24 bit and those did not populate on the octatrack screen either. i went in card tools to see if the files were there. They were, no populating on the card tools screan either.

please help

Probably wrong audio format.

I agree with sezare, most likely the format is upsetting OT in some way. You’re after 16 or 24 bit 44.1 kHz wavs. Some programs write wavs with skewed header info, this can be an issue when using wavs across platforms. Start slow, convert a single file and guarantee it opens before batch converting any others. If you are comfortable using the command line ffmpeg or sox will make this kind of work much faster and easier.

1 Like

It’s definitely not the wrong file type it’s a way 24bit.

What’s concerning is not even the new samples that I didn’t convert won’t work either.

I batch converted a lot of the at once. Maybe that’s the prob. I also did the conversion on the cf card. I didn’t convert, then move to Octatrack. Could that be the problem?

44.1 KHz or 48khz?

I’m gonna try to format the card and see if that helps. i don’t mind losing projects since I’m learning still. about 5 months w it

ok i got it working. I’m just an idiot. thanks guys lol.

What was the problem, and how did you solve it?

I was converting to the wrong set. I had set 2 set names that looked almost identical.

3 Likes

Sounds like the kind of thing I would do :slight_smile:

1 Like