thanks abhot
i will try with octachainer 1.2 later.

v1.1 is old and OT only. The RYTM-friendly OctaChainer v1.2 is here:
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/octachainer-v1-2/14346/118896[/quote]
yes! thank you thats what I meant sorry :wink:

big love

v1.1 is old and OT only. The RYTM-friendly OctaChainer v1.2 is here:
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/octachainer-v1-2/14346/118896[/quote]
Thanks for the tip, I had no idea that the octachainer had been updated to support AR chains as well!
Cheers

I’m having the exact same problem as OP.
I can’t figure out why, I looked at the sample chain in Logic and its spot on.

I tried to use OctaChainer 1.2 but had an issue moving the slider to exactly 120 BPM so gave up.

I suspect I have either the HOLD or something in the AMP section wrong.

I would have to say the chains work like a dream on the Octatrack but I bought the Rytm to do drums not the Octatrack.

Yeah, the sliders are annoying. I meant to write somewhere that one has to use the cursor keys for exact settings on the sliders, but I forgot to mention it.

But in grid mode (which is what you want to use with the RYTM) the BPM setting does not do anything. It is for the .OT file attributes used on the Octatrack. For the RYTM, just ignore everything in the “OT Attributes” section.

Yeah, the sliders are annoying. I meant to write somewhere that one has to use the cursor keys for exact settings on the sliders, but I forgot to mention it.

But in grid mode (which is what you want to use with the RYTM) the BPM setting does not do anything. It is for the .OT file attributes used on the Octatrack. For the RYTM, just ignore everything in the “OT Attributes” section.

[/quote]
Arh cool, will give it another crack.
Thanks

i start to think something with my machine is not OK.

A friend made a chain with 15 kicks with his computer. on his AR it perfectly works.
On my machine NOT.

same settings.

thanks everybody for your help anyway!

so I’ll leave with the chains for the moment I guess… in the meantime i imported some single shots and i am having fun with them. it’s refreshing to power up the AR after many month of no use and get a track done in few hours.

I’ve been running into some problems recently too, and this is after having successfully made and used many sample chains. I was pulling my hair out until I realized I’ve discovered an OB related bug. Perhaps this is what has been giving you erratic results as well?

I made a few new 15 sample chains in Ableton and imported them into the AR via C6 and just couldn’t get the sounds to break down to the divisions of 8 needed for the 15 sample chain. It would be ok for the first two or so, but by the 3rd sound (starting point of 24), I’d have space before the sound. Totally off for every sample after that. I kept going back into Ableton, re-rendering the WAV thinking I had done something wrong to no avail. Then I went back to the AR sample manager and added a chain that I’ve used extensively and know works to my project. Lo and behold, even this chain was off.

I then knew something was up. So I switched out of OB mode in the system menu and tried again. Presto - all my chains new and old worked exactly as they should with each of the 15 samples starting in increments of 8.

So….something about OB is messing things up pertaining to sample start and end points. There’s been a bit of chatter/speculation about this already as several folks have noticed that Zillamatic’s Akeys winning science lab entry now plays out of tune post OS 1.21. On a whim I tried reloading the science lab sample and reimporting the sysex with OB mode off. Didn’t do the trick, it still plays out of tune.

So - OP: if you’ve been setting up your sample chains in the AR while in OB mode and connected to the plugin, try switching out and see if they line up.

PS: I’ll send a bug report to Elektron

Wow. Interesting. I’m going to go back and try my sample chains. I followed the tutorials and was having very similar issues to your’s Zwolf. I gave up and moved on to other things and never got the chance to revisit making chains. Good to know. Hope the new OS addresses this.

I will try with chains when not in OB mode as soon as I’ll be back in my studio - thanks for the bug report and let’s hope for a quick fix.

It may be related to an OB setting but unfortunately I have this issue and have never used OB.

I have this issue and have never used OB.

The JOKE files system is still not working
I uploaded a testing wav file here
http://we.tl/7LSQQ8f5oO
Download
To iron out the possibility of user error in terms of sample prep, try this first
It is a simple for-test-purposes only way to validate the slicing accuracy
The choice of 200Hz was just to make setting up zero crossovers a piece of cake
Each wave represents 2, but can also be halved as it’s overlong, by factors of 2
So Start 0 and End 2 will be the same as Start 0 end 1
Start 0 is also the same as start 8 / 16 / 24 / 32 etc up to 112 (i.e. repeats every 8)
There are 15 sequential versions of this four wave chunk
If you keep the ‘absolute’ of (End - start) to 1 (or 2 if start is even) and try the permutations further up, you’ll hear (to me anyway) there is no slice misalignment - either in USB or OB mode - so it may be worthwhile looking at sample prep at your end
That’s not to say there isn’t a bug, but it is not revealed by this, the file is methodically prepared, it is not musically useful btw. Detune your Sample OSC to -24 to get a lower note which would illuminate any glitchiness, also the sin wave would reveal this more clearly if there was ‘drift’

0:1 0:2 8:9 9:10 8:10 80:81 82:81 112:114 114:112 should all sound the same !!
i think it sounds odd though that for the same sample the issue can come and go, that’s buggy, unless something else is at play

cannot download unfortunately, says file not found on this server

sorry - i didn’t even try - blinking files section here should be all we need
this oughta work
i’ll amend the link
http://we.tl/7LSQQ8f5oO

Download

thanks, I’ll do it asap
with little hope though, as the chains i did perfectly work on a friend’s AR and the chains he made also only work on his machine so I am pretty sure my chains are allright.

so it seems like some machines are affected and some other not, regardless of OB.

I have the latest OS on my AR by the way. 1.21b and C6 1.51.

I tried and all the chains work when the AR is not in OB mode. Both chains downloaded from here and the chains I did, all samples line up perfectly.

I tried and all the chains work when the AR is not in OB mode. Both chains downloaded from here and the chains I did, all samples line up perfectly.

[/quote]
Thanks for following up. So it is indeed a bug, somehow related to OB, effecting the start/end points of samples. I reported my findings to elektron and they responded by asking me to send them the effected project and sample chain. Haven’t had time and haven’t done so yet, seems a bit pointless as it’s now obvious that its nothing specific to the project or sample chain. Although I see why they’re asking, I would seriously hope they’d do their own independent research into this issue. Perhaps you can send a report as well? No guarantee they’ve even read this thread.
And I’d still posit that zillamatic’s project playing out of tune is somehow related to this problem.

[/quote]
Thanks for following up. So it is indeed a bug, somehow related to OB, effecting the start/end points of samples. I reported my findings to elektron and they responded by asking me to send them the effected project and sample chain. Haven’t had time and haven’t done so yet, seems a bit pointless as it’s now obvious that its nothing specific to the project or sample chain. Although I see why they’re asking, I would seriously hope they’d do their own independent research into this issue. Perhaps you can send a report as well? No guarantee they’ve even read this thread.
And I’d still posit that zillamatic’s project playing out of tune is somehow related to this problem.[/quote]
You need to provide the info required - I do not get the issue with the sample I provided, did you try that sample from a clear pattern / clear kit .
It plays exactly the same in Max with the au OB and on its own irrespective of which of the 15 waves I chose. All the details help them narrow down the source.
I will add though that there was a moment when it seemed like it was playing the sin waveform with additional harmonics that might have arisen from distortion settings, but when I cleared and tried from scratch with that sample it worked perfectly. It is a short sample.
Bugs are repeatable if you can identify the right scenario