Help! Problem Analog Four Mk1 Levels of Tracks

Hi i got some problems with my analog four mk1.
Unable to get over it I deleted and formatted the machine but the problem persists: the 4 audio tracks set to the same sound are played at different sound levels (loudness), track one sounds very low while the three sounds very high, two and four more or less at the same level but not perfectly the same. What can be the cause? Velocity settings? Faulty unit (hope not)? something else?
It’s driving me crazy…

Track levels are not part of the sound - you either don’t have equal track levels (track encoder) or some other kit related modulation (or performance) is changing a voice level

2 Likes

Thanks but i think i try everything, is there a way to completely reset the instrument?

A new project would be the simplest way to assess if it is a settings problem

But you perhaps won’t work out what the cause was (in theory it could be a random bug)

Also keep it simple and disconnnect all other MIDI whilst you work it out

e…g. go to a new pattern and new kit and see if the init sounds are at a comparable level

1 Like

You should give more details, is this new problem that just started, is the unit new to you and never worked right, have you loaded presets, etc.

In any case, I wouldn’t bother resetting the instrument

The instrument seems to me to have always worked correctly. I have not used it a lot but having now updated it to 1.51 I don’t know if the problem is related to that or another. I will try to change project and see if the problem is solved like this
Thanks

I have tried to change project, to connect only the outputs or only the headphones but nothing, the sounds remain different between the tracks, I think I will have to send it for repair if I do not find what else could give this problem. is it possible to install an update older than the one already installed? a downgrade to see if the latest firmware is causing the problem

I’m assuming you tried the mixer settings on the performance page right? What happens if you turn all of the volumes down and then raise each track slowly? Does the quiet track peak and simply not get as loud as the others? Have you tried setting levels in overbridge? Is this a problem across kits? Sorry if I’m covering things you’ve tried, just wouldn’t want you to send your A4 for repair when there are so many variables…

2 Likes

I will try to repeat all the possible reasons, I didn’t try overbridge
Thanks

Problem solved, I still don’t know what it was but using different sounds all the tracks are at the same levels

1 Like

This has happened to me a few times, but only with one track. Suddenly it’s silent but the mixer and everything looks right. Reloading a sound makes it go away, but I’ve lost work. I’ve never figured it out but it’s been rare. But that’s the Elektron way, lol.

1 Like

I had to calibrate the instrument, at first I thought I had solved it simply by changing sounds and parameters but after some time I got the same error again.