Help please! Urgent! Digitakt II or will Octatrack MkIII be the next new box?

letting Elektron know of how meh the new release is

and Elektron is like

so you try to explain

because

and Elektron is like

and points to the new specs

and you are like

8 Likes

The new release is awesome I don’t know what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

i was hoping it had some sort of DN type polyphony so I could

can you imagine how brutal it would be? otherwise, it’s kind of a conservative release, but that’s just me I guess.

3 Likes

yeah well I wouldn’t hate it if it did but I think that this is going to be an always a bridesmaid never a bride trend for boxes bearing the name takt, otherwise they wouldn’t be able to pokemon the partners.

I wouldn’t pay an extra $600 for polyphony, I’ll tell you that much.

2 Likes

cat-fat-cat

8 Likes

Doing ok. Working and playing music when I can. Spending idle time at work here though.

Could be worse.

7 Likes

That cat looks like how I feel 14 hours into an acid trip that I expected to last 10.

4 Likes

Lol I prefer the term “passionate”

(Its a distinction without a difference)

3 Likes

sample worthy.

1 Like

Ha! (I’m seriously upset im cashed out on likes)

2 Likes

I kept getting 429’s earlier so I have a few to spare, I went back and liked as many posts as I could but shit man, there were a lot of damn posts to get through and eventually I started looking at cat gifs and then there was no turning back.

3 Likes

6 Likes

[Like]

YOU SEE WHAT IVE BEEN REDUCED TO?!

2 Likes

a cozier bag I’ve seldom seen!

2 Likes

I take it back, I just got smacked with the backhand too.

4 Likes

Looks exactly like mine workflow on DT :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

you and me both except I keep my eyes closed.

2 Likes

I look at my desk and wonder, which of these synths could I play with my eyes closed?

I think I could just maybe get it going on MS-20.

I tried playing the Softpop II while laying down watching the light from THE ORB bounce from my ceiling. That worked, but only thanks to a sequence I already had on it. Patching would be disastrous. Or awesome.

I don’t believe I could make any meaningful music on a synth with a screen without sight. Anything that’s all knobby would be possible with enough practice, I’m sure.

What about you all?

1 Like

I mean if you gave me something with a keyboard that was ready to play I’m sure I wouldn’t have to see it to make music with it but I wouldn’t be programming anything with a menu unless I could see what I was doing. Although with the Waldorf rocket the options are super limited and I know where everything is so that would probably be doable as it has no menu and no sequencer or anything.

3 Likes

Hmm hmm, yeah! I suppose I should have clarified including sound design.

2 Likes