Help: Odd Length Sample Chains Not Working

Hi All,
I have a weird issue that I can’t seem to figure out.
I have a drum sample chain with 3 patterns, each pattern 4 bars long (12 bars in total).
The project is 96bpm.
I have labelled the file Drums_96bpm.
The file is 16it, 44.1khz, Wav

When I bring the file into a flex or static machine and go to slice it, it is listed in the ATTR section as 128bpm. I manually set it to 96bpm.

I then slice it into 48 slices using a slice grid, and put down 16 quarter notes across 64 steps.
Then I create linear locks.

However, every lock plays back the first slice, no matter what I do.
I get the same result if I only create 3 slices and place a single trig at the start of the song.

I can’t understand why I can’t change the slice.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Seems normal if it’s considered as 4 bars. Better to change Trim in that case. Anyway if you deactivate timestretch, you don’t have to care about attributes bpm.

Did you check linear locks (each plock)?
Is Start plocked to a scene ? Any lfo?

1 Like

Sounds like you might need to turn slice mode on in playback setup page. Double tap playback or func + playback. SLIC to ON.

1 Like

Yes. But slice mode should be automatically activated if you use linear locks. And if off, linear locks should affect Start parameter.

1 Like

oh noice!

Thanks all,
I ended up starting a new project and things seemed to sort themselves out. I might have hit something that changed a setting that I didn’t know how to come back from out…

Back on the 9-5, so will take a look at the tips above and see how they affect things incase it pops up again in the future.

Thanks again!

1 Like