Help: Octatrack internal sample disappears

Hi there - I’m trying to sample internally. I have a sample captured. But when I hit play, it loops around and gets quieter and quieter until the sample disappears. No more sample.

Curious if any one can help. I just want to capture a loop and keep going.

Thanks
Adonis

Can you briefly detail how you’re setup? Flex machine with one-shot recorder trig? Which buffer are you recording to? Playing back from?

1 Like

Record buffer 5. I’m trying to figure out how to make a one-shot trig just record and stop recording. It just seems to keep cycling and recording…hmmmm

Thanks!

Enter recording setup (Func+Rec1 on an OT MKII), enter recording mode (record button on the transport controls). Place a one-shot trig by holding shift and pressing a trig (usually the 1st trig). The trig will be yellow. When you hit Play, it will record one pass based on the length you have set in recording setup. This same trig will now flash yellow and red (only the trig in the recording setup mode. these are independent of track trigs which are used for playback).

To record again, you simply need to arm the track again which you can do by hitting Func+Yes.

3 Likes

That’s it! Thank you!

2 Likes

Remeber, if you record something you like, save it. Buffers are cleared when you power off your OT. Save the sample by going into the Audio Editor (AED button) and on the second last page(?) there’s options to Save or Save and Assign to Flex etc.

Buffers don’t save when you save a project. The above method is the only way. :slight_smile:

Save you some headaches!

4 Likes

Head explosion! Thanks for your help @d4ydream

Just figured out how to do this weird live sample crossfader thing with my SH01A

Midi track to SH01A - LFO to random note
SH01A back into a thru track
Track+Yes to arm record my sampling track
Assign some scenes and crossfade
Do this over and over again

If I’m constantly playing with the SH, I never run out of random (pretty musical) material

Random little back and forth -

1 Like