Help me understand project/bank/pattern/kit organization

I went digging for threads and videos on this but couldn’t find anything that really helped me understand these things better. I’d love to be corrected on this and pointed to some good ones I just couldn’t find any.

I’ve read the manual and I understand that the structure is Projects full of Banks full of Patterns full of Kits full of Tracks full of Sounds. All of the sequencery stuff (plocks) is in the pattern while a Kit is just a group of tracks and their associated sounds. I just really don’t know how to implement this into any kind of workflow habits to keep myself organized.

2 Likes

I hear you, as a new Elektron user myself it’s a lot to take in.
I’ve found that working through it slowly is the best tact.

To make it harder, there are a few exceptions on the DT currently that will make you scratch your head… like no ability to copy and paste pattern kits.
For example, this thread: Digitakt "Kit" Structure. How is it different?

Still I give Elektron the benefit of the doubt, as they got sooo much right with the DT, and I believe they intend to continue to refine and fix going forward.

While not directly about clarifying the overall structure, I’ve found some good things lately…

When I found that I could use [FUNC]+[SRC] then [FUNC]+[YES] to choose a new sample for that slot, it helped me tremendously.
In the manual - 9.7.1 - Quick Assign Method

Also when using Overbridge and using the VST UI, you can browse the +Drive for samples.

Also sounds are in the VST as well… so sometimes I’ll switch if I’m close to my computer, as it’s nice to browse that way.

Best regards,

Gino