Help me to Fucking nosebleed dutch hell death

indeed,it does…:slight_smile: loud distorted unholy malfunction…every kids dream :wink:
could make another video on that,but not today,cause i live in a cabin out of the city around the forest in Hungary (with supperslow limited internet),and came to the city today just for my exam with my bike…MD-MnM in the cabin-internet here :stuck_out_tongue:
but if you give me 1-2 days i could make another,and if i show up again in the city i could upload it…
Thanks for the help again Form!

2 Likes

A genuinely naive question, if I may : wouldn’t high volume input distortion damage in any way the device?
I’ve always thought so, I guess there’s a limit to what an input can take but I fear feedback can overload so much it push until the limit is reached…

Wouldn’t MD know nosebleed Dutch hell internally?

to tell you the truth,didnt even think about this :stuck_out_tongue:
but now that you say,it really makes sense…would there be anyone who could confirm that this would cause an even bigger malfunction,or this shouldnt be a problem?
i might even ask Elektron,what they think about this…

not on this level-no…i mean i couldnt get here before without the INP machines…

I meant, figurative nosebleed.
Already has red eye…
Bloody machine !

1 Like

contacted Elektron to ask about the question in question…
if they answer i will let you guys know here :wink:

1 Like

Is this possible with Rytm? I want to create some nosebleed dutch hell death too.

Rytm is already quite exceptional with making the gabber kicks but even more distortion would be fun.

try it on your own risk…or wait till Elektron answeres me,and i let you know if it can cause problem or not…
but note that the answer you will get from me is for a MD,not sure if Rythm is same or no…sorry…
maybe ask yourself?..just to be sure…

There’s already built in distortion and a compressor so i don’t really need it. Quite brutal on its own.

I think it’s very unlikely that you would damage the A/D convertor by running a hot but ‘normal’ line level signal into it, unless it was really, really, exceptionally loud. Maybe clipping it constantly for long periods could damage it in the long-term - I’ll defer to an engineer on that. Though a higher voltage signal, like a modular level input, could easily damage it, yes.

There’s a question around whether it’s the sort of distortion you want though. Inputs that aren’t designed to distort often don’t sound very good doing it, but maybe nasty / “un-musical” distortion is what you want.

2 Likes

here you guys go…a new genre for you Death Dawg

2 Likes

cool. and congrats

1 Like

Great sounds, great title, A+ thread

2 Likes

really glad if someone liked it,if it helped anyone to do Anything in his/her stuff…or just give ideas…out of the box :wink:
will make more videos on my journey through the tips-tricks if i find something interesting…or more like if i have time to do things;( cause the Tarekith collection is Gold…
Cheers!

Just did a test with a couple of digipro/ensemble tracks and a couple of FX machines and can confirm the ring mod effect gets into nosebleed territory with very little effort.

There are so many gain stages in the MnM architecture, you have distortion on tap, without clipping the inputs.

2 Likes

Thanks for the idea Form!didnt try ring mod-phaser yet,yesterday dived into a simple through track…was interesting enough(to me) to just stay there for the rest of the night…(silly me)but today i will dive into ring mod and all the rest!Thanks for the report Form!

the sign is obvious…
maybe even too obvious:slight_smile:
i need a sherman filterbank…or more like money to buy one…

that day will come…

@cyanescens a good old fuzz pedal is not very expensive. Second hand even less.
And it might be the simplest pedal to assemble, if you want to build your very own !
:smiley:

If you want to keep some bass, get one with dry/wet signal, or simply mix one output without fuzz and one with it.

1 Like

got loads of projects around me and in my head…but to build some fuzz pedals and chain them wouldnt be a bad idea,Cheers!..and wouldnt take eternity either :wink: time will tell…i lived in Belgium for 7 years,and Herman Gillis(the Sherman filterbank designer) makes them there :slight_smile: if i go back to Catalunya,on the way there i want to buy one from the Man himself and want to be there when He tunes it…to tell Him i want it like this,this sounds good(he sad in an interview that he tunes every unit by hand-ear,and it makes a huge difference on the result.)
its just a things that i got to have…to feel safe in this dangerous world :wink:

1 Like

i ment to write it to you Dalai,but clicked on the wrong reply :roll_eyes: …and dont fel like deleting another message just cause this… :smiley:

1 Like

Man you have to stop reading those underground MD guides! are full of la creme of the silver boxes also take a look on the science lab challenge and older treasures on the files section.