Help me pick the right gear!

…mpc one if ur not willing to touch touch all the time a menu dive a lot…

since u can easily daisy chain takt thru tone audiowise u can still end up without an additional mixer on stage using the stereo in of the mpc…

but if ur really into the elektron way, ot might remain ur first choice, since it could even host ur guitar signal…with prefixed fx settings etc…but keep in mind, ot’s arranger is a bit limited to the options any mpc can offer…

one small standard keyboard case with all ur elektron gear pre cabled in there, might also be another point u can keep in mind…

Just a good playback machine with Song Mode sounds right. Also recommend an MPC as there’s less to wonder about what you can do and it keeps it very simple.

A Squarp Pyramid might be an interesting thing to look at. It could handle your “song mode” stuff with ease, driving the Elektrons down to the granular level, or even if you only wanted to use it to automate song-based pattern switching through CC messages and let the Elektron sequencers handle most of the rest.

You could even import entire MIDI tracks from DAW projects, then drive the Elektrons as instruments for live if you wanted, doing crazy tweaking on the Elektrons when appropriate for performance, in between your guitar playing, all without having to worry about being constantly hands-on for the overall song structure playback.

Just an idea. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for your input!

Quick update to this - I thought a lot about what a lot of people said, and while I think I could easily get deep into OT, I’m going to have another crack at the A4/DT/DN setup and try to make it work for me.

A big barrier was not having a deep enough understanding of the A4 to get the kind of sounds I want (basically, I was annoyed at it for not sounding like a DN). I’ve had a scout around for some sound packs and found this one ( https://www.tomwolfe.co.uk/product/aether-for-analog-four/ ) which seems like a decent starting point for me. I’m now studying the sounds I like and working out how to make similar ones!

Worst case - If I give it a few months, learn how to get as much out of the A4 as I can and it still doesn’t work for me, I’ll look at the OT or MPC Live.

Thanks all!

R