Help me find some new electronic music please

My favorites for the past year have been James Shinra and Microlith (RIP Rhys) Electro / Techno style.

Ever listen to any Proem? Very glitchy, idm stuff.

3 Likes

That burial album is absolute genius.

3 Likes

https://beatwife.bandcamp.com/

1 Like

Trackermatte
Taste of Struggle
Melted Self

1 Like

D’Arcangelo
Secede
Arovane
Vegyn
NN* (Nathaniel Nichols)

plenty of great stuff over on the other thread

3 Likes
8 Likes

Recently ran across an Argentine musician on Instagram who uses voices from philosophers and poets amid slow-moving synths.

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah I’ve been digging James Shinra recently too :+1: I’d also recommend checking out Alex Banks and Floating Points.

2 Likes

really like that floating points album.
very organic.

other recent favorites:
the latest two four tet albums
Datach‘i - bones
Daniel Avery - song for alpha
Luke Abott - holkham drones
Nathan Fake - blizzards
Ochre - Lemodie
Rival Consoles - Night melody

3 Likes

I did not find a link, but the entire album is a gem :slight_smile:

This is awesome!! Thank you everyone. I’m gonna start working through this list while I work from home. Much appreciated!

Not all new, but banging

1 Like

CID RIM is probably my fav of all time.

Kursa/seppa kill it in neurohop/halftime.

Chemical Brothers are well-known classics

This just came out today and I’m really enjoying it.
I’m a big fan of this guy, he generally makes very melodic and emotive “IDM-ish” stuff.
The album I’ve linked is more ambient, but he has more beat driven stuff available on spotify (and I’m guessing other streaming platforms).
He’s released a few projects on Central Processing Unit, a Sheffield based label that releases a lot of 80s/90s Warp-style stuff, so if you like this maybe check more from the label.

https://96back1.bandcamp.com/album/adrism?fbclid=IwAR2egFEBVqnqDVGpzQIkH1GdtdMSUeOzzvYaC1kPtQEwStwNTDb8lxFQkek

A good starting point can be the DJ sets (Boiler Room etc) of musicians you’re already into. Found a lot of good stuff that way.

After resisting for ages and ages, these days (with not so much time on my hands) Spotify algorithms have found me way more great stuff than I’d ever expected. John Peel would be turning in his grave :sob: