Help me choose which song to promote

Hi Everyone,

I hope the world is treating you well!

I’m asking for your input on which one of these tracks to promote.
Trying to determine which of them has the most appeal.

The Digitakt was used on 4 of them, and I really like the music shared up here, so I figured it would be a good place to start.

If you can take a quick listen / skim and pick one that would help us a lot.
If you don’t like any of them, that’s good feedback too :slight_smile:

Edit: YouTube link previews fixed (thanks @sabana!)

Best regards,

Gino

This is really a question of personal preference. I think I find “Hollow” with its darker mood the most interesting of the five.

1 Like

Thanks, if no one else votes, we’ll go with Hollow :slight_smile:

Listened to the first minute of each track. I’ll also say Hollow because I think it gets going the fastest. I also like the mood in that one the most.

1 Like

Cool, thanks!

Gino the links aren’t broken. You have to click on share now. And just copy and paste the embedded http.

2 Likes

I had a listen to the tracks.

Pretty much echoing what’s been said: I think Hollow would work best for promotion and the like. Although it sounds pretty dramatic and clubby, if you want to showcase somthing lighter (?), I’d probably pick Haste.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s starting to be clear pattern. Hollow is in the lead.

It’s strange that when it’s your own material you can’t see as clearly.
You would think you could easily choose the “best” one, but it takes input from others. Even if you are true to your art, I think this is still the case.

Also if someone’s thinks all these tracks are “bad”, I’d welcome that feedback too.

…uncommon combo…that straight forward four to the floor electronic classic arrangements that are mocking traditional songstructures to carry out the female voice up front, performing pop chucks somehow…

on paper “haste” has the biggest pop appeal…also the vox treatments here, with those further addlibs, fx shadowing and backing lines show the most pop attitude…in production, arrangement and writing…

overall, this could happen a lot more also with the others…these vocals are often left alone to much on their own…further vocal production would do a great job on this song basic material…since all this is kind of midatlantic, with pop appeal hand in hand with subcultural rooted electronic basements, i’d say…dare to be pop for real…

give those lead lines more sugar treatment productionwise…

be warned…these tracks are too long for “mainstream” streaming days…
and even if u guys might not see it, but there’s plenty of room to skip, to slim out the arrangements, still telling everything u gotto to tell, once cutted down to roundabout 3 minutes max…

from where it’s at, i’d also pick “hollow”…but “haste” has quite some “britney” factor…
and that’s by no mean a rant…it’s a compliment…

and mayyyybeee, u wanna try out some drum replacements…to discover some more groove options beyond the simplicity of quarter stompin’…

2 Likes