Help me choose a drum machine

third time… hmm :thinking: I feel your joke gets old now

2 Likes

depends a lot on the style of hip hop you want to make.
90s boom bap —> sampler would be the obvious choice. Works with digitakt and octatrack, but a mpc or NI maschine might be easier solutions.

rather modern Trap and the like (please don‘t :upside_down_face:)… —> something like the roland Tr8s or the analog rytm might be great. synth drum sounds and the option to play samples.
Tr8s might be sufficient to produce whole tracks depending on the needs and looks very hands on and easy to use

2 Likes

Elektron Analog Rytm is definitely a great combination of both analog synthesis and sampling but not the easiest to start with. A newbie to hardware could easily be overwhelmed by the complexity. That said, whomever invests the necessary effort (and funds…) will find a fantastic instrument in it. Best drum machine one can get, if you ask me.

1 Like

a bad joke never gets old …

3 Likes

Yes, without using loops.

Sell yourself once by being stranger,you will come to know how thousand things count before making a deal.Before being stranger and selling your own product to yourself,assume one little thing that why a buyer will buy a used item in a country where he will pay the same custom and duty on importing used and new item means if a buyer pays 100$ Inclusive custom+duty for a used item,he will pay 110$ Inclusive custom+duty for the same new item.As the custom and duty charges are the 100% of the original item,why will not i buy such items from local store where they can give me some percentages off on festivals.

I can’t believe that it is same @Unifono you.But have to believe in because this time you really came up with your knowledge.Might be you knew that you are not good at cracking jokes.

sorry, but… what?
which cracking jokes?

This thread is having a strange vibe. Please be gentle.

6 Likes

Keep calm, it’s a nice community. :okej: I mean, a Machinedrum is a great device, maybe not what you need, and it’s legit to make a offer. You don’t have to buy it.

The op has to satisfactorily account for a problematic choice of (seemingly) homophobic language/slur before they can contribute on this forum again - so this topic is hidden to avoid it flaring up further and pointlessly whilst we investigate

Also don’t go off-topic or stir folks - use the flags please

5 Likes

For strictly hip-hop i’d definitely go with either MPC Live (or X of course but $$$) or Rytm

while my rytm was in for repair I bought a Volca Sample and it really helped me understand my rytm more deeply when it came back home.

I’d recommend jumping in with a Volca Sample to someone just getting into gear.

You can learn cool stuff like looping short sample points, sample import, organization of said samples, sequencing, etc…

wow, some edit weirdness in this thread. i´m listening to some psykovsky tracks reading this (in another thread here they say thats good psytrance music) - elektronauts is an amazing forum :slight_smile:

I’m still up if you are…Make sure you drill holes in the package for you to breath…

( Sad to have to tell this but I did not mean any offense to anyone. )

1 Like