HELP - I'm losing my mind trying to get Digitone audio in to Cubase :(:(

I have spent 2 miserable days trying to get the Digitone set up with Cubase 8 and I feel so stupid as I can’t get it sorted at all.

When I load the Digitone VST on to an instrument track it opens fine and I can see that the VST is hearing the audio but there is nothing making it to the actual mixer tracks within Cubase at all.

The only way I can hear and see the audio within the Cubase mixer is if, within Cubase, I switch from my soundcard to the Digitone as the soundcard, in which case I can see the audio coming in to Cubase and can record it but have to monitor the Digitone through it’s headphone output and can’t use my computer soundcard, speakers etc…

Can anyone tell me what I am maybe doing wrong? Everyone else seems to be able to get the audio through their DAW with ease but i am getting nothing using the ‘normal’ method. It’s slowly driving me bonkers.

What is your operating system? As far as I know Windows will not allow you to use two audio devices at once, so your option might be EITHER DigiTone or computer sound card, but not both.

That’s not true, I’ve been using four at once just fine :slight_smile:

Hmmm, have you got the correct ASIO driver selected in cubase? Sounds like you don’t.

Below is how to route the tracks separately once you have that working.

I am happy to stand corrected.

1 Like

In Cubase I have my RME ASIO driver selected and there is no audio coming in via USB.

When I switch to the Digitone Driver then the usb audio comes in but I can’t hear anything through my system as my RME driver is consequently disabled when I select the Digitone Driver.

How do I get around this?

I’m using Windows 10 btw. Thank you

How I do it in Ableton is create a midi track, run Overbridge there, mute it, then create audio tracks and have their input be set to the Digitone track - all the tracks are broken out and the audio will play back and can be recorded.

I’m think this might be a dumb reply but have you tried right clicking the ob vst and then enabling all out puts?

In Cubase to record sound from the Digitone via Overbridge you need to first do some routing.

1. Create a buss (group track)
  2. Open the main Cubase mixer and set the output of the Digitone VST track to the buss track
  3. Create an audio track
  4. Set the input to this audio track to receive audio from the buss
  5. Make sure monitoring is switched on for the audio track
  6. You can now both listen to the Digitone and record to the audio track
  7. Tip - if you want to process the sound with VSTs and print FX whilst recording the Digitone you can add plugins to the buss track

If you have any more questions feel free to send me a private message. Hope it all works out for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so very much for the replies, I am quite well versed in using Cubase or at least I thought I was but I just can’t get to the bottom of this issue.

I understand what people are saying when it comes to the fake buss groups etc…but my problem proceeds that. I literally can’t get ANY incoming signal from the Digitone unless I switch the driver to the Digitone driver and drop my soundcard driver.

In the images above, the bottom one shows the VST and it seems to be working fine. The image above that is my 2 channels, one for the VST and one for the Audio. The image above that just shows the Digitone group I set up on the instrument channel. The image above that shows the mixer with, as you can see, no audio making it to any channel, despite the Digitone playing and the channel lights on the VST signaling that audio is playing. The only way I can get the audio to come in, like I said, is if I change my driver and then you can see all the audio in the top image. Problem is I can’t hear anything else when I do this as my soundcard is then disengaged.

What am I doing wrong? :(:(:frowning: