HELP: Elektron Rytm + Moog Mother 32 Routing

Ohhh maybe I made it a “Hold” instead of a diable. I’ll look into it. THANKS!

1 Like

Did you figure this out? I see the MIDI IN light blinking when sending notes over from my digitakt and it only transposes the note being played…I won’t hear anything out if i have the step disabled or set to rest.

Edit: i have to stop the sequencer to get just note values to go through…

afaik, atm, that’s the only real “workaround”

still far from perfect and I don’t see Moog ever doing anything about it if they haven’t yet.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but since it relates to the Mother-32, i’m posting here. Anyone know why some effects (delay) on the Octatrack doesn’t work when I put the M32 on a Thru track?

I can´t get this to work. I want to sequence the mother 32 via midi, without using the mother´s internal sequencer. If I disable the step in step mode and start the sequence, I can´t get no sound out of the mother 32 via the midi sequencer. If it´s stopped, it works. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thanks. Andre.

I read the workaround is to create a pattern holding only a rest. M32 sequencer will run but output no notes. Haven’t tested I use M32 own sequencer.

Thanks @TonyDS_1, but still no sound from the external sequencer with a pattern holding only one rest or more…

Are you hitting the m32 on the right octave(s) from the external sequencer? Mostly what happens to me when no sounds while sequencing.

Octaves are right. Sound is awesome if the sequencer is stopped, but goes away as soon as it´s running with a rest or disabled step. I could manually stop the m32, but I need it running as it´s providing tempo/sync to a connected DFAM.

Can you play on the m32 itself (or midi controller eg keystep) and have sound while the sequencer runs empty pattern?

No, there´s no sound, even when I press the m32 keyboard…
Empty pattern means no sound, while seq is running. Here´s what I do:

• initialize pattern
  • shift step 1
  • press hold/rest
  • shift step 1
  • press run

I’ve tried everything to no avail. It’s seriously an infuriating and unfortunate flaw.

Everything on the M32, anyway. You can always buy a box to filter the message.

This is really bad.

2 Likes

It is. It really is. Sometimes I consider selling it for that reason alone.

I’ve gotten use to pressing the stop button…but man those times I forget…:angry:

It works so great on the sub37. What were they thinking? Another flaw is, that on the DFAM this big and beautiful tempo knob becomes useless, if you clock it from the M32. Why aren´t there time divisions like on the M32 tempo knob. Big shame…

That’s too bad.

My thought is that these would add to the price and I imagine they have already cut all the corners they could possibly to keep these beautiful machines affordable.

Maybe they’ll surprise us with firmware updates. Fingers crossed but not expectant.

I don´t think a m32 firmware update will happen, but I start to understand it better. Here´s my 1st try to glue it all together:

I see some light at the tunnel.

2 Likes

Hey this actually just popped up on my FB feed and I didn’t quickly scroll past :wink: nice track!

I love the M32. Sounds nice in your track.

Hi,
I know is a all post but i thanks you can help me. English isnt my first language so im not sure about your post. You solution is for use the m32 as an expander ? I want to seq it with my digitone but i read that when you press play, the m32 sequencer run and always play the first note, even if you dont trig it with midi note. Its right ?
So you save a sequence with one note on the first step and you mute this note ? So the m32 “play the note” but but no sound ?
Thanks !

That is exactly right. I no longer have the mother 32 but that is what I was doing at the time

2 Likes