Help combining Waldorf Rocket with A4 MKII

hello, Namaste everyone, I would like to combine the rocked waldorf A4 MKII but I do not know how to go about it … an angel would he pass? since I’m a beginner
many many thanks
icarius

Tell us what you want to achieve.
The A4/Keys cannot sequenze external gear, though you can use it’s keyboard to play notes on the rocket/any external synth.

2 Likes

thanks you very much ,
only wanted to use the rocket as a gateway on A4 MKII, have to use trig, gate, clock, value in, pitch hz / v, pitch pitch V / oct? but if you saying it’s not possible ;(

re hello everyone ,
What is it when I plug the A4 on the CV on the rocket (osc) it respects the tempo, but I can not connect it directly on the A4 on the EXT IN

Please be more precise.
What input (audio or midi) is connected to which output on each side? I don’t get it.

For your sequenzing needs: i just remembered there are cv2midi devices out there that you could use. As the A4 can sequence cv, that would be your weapon of choice. Let me know if you are interested, I got a spare one.

1 Like

I plugged vcf / in on the cv / out of LAFMKII but I do not know where to connect the audio OUt of the rocekt on the A4MKII, the out / midi is on the in of the A4MKII … I am ointeressé by your offer … to be safe and it is very easy from you
musically
icarius

Waldorf Rocket does not have any CV/Gate inputs, thus not possible to sequence from your A4Mk2.
The VCF In on the Rocket is an audio input, so you can use the filter on the Rocket on external audio.

A CV to Midi interface would indeed let you sequence the Rocket from your A4mk2, might be a good idea depending on your setup.

You could plug the Rockets audio output into one of the A4s audio inputs. Use a mono, unbalanced 1/4“ jack cable.
Then either turn up the external input volume and apply chorus, delay and reverb (it’s all on the first page on the A4s fx track) so you can hear the Rocket through your A4 or if you want to send the Rocket through one of the tracks, go to OSC1 or OSC2 on that track and select external input as waveform.
Left or right depends ofc on the input you used on the A4 for the audio cable.

You‘d still have to play the Rocket with a midi connection from a midi controller keyboard, DAW/computer or another sequencer.

3 Likes

Dear friends @Schnork and @Augenadler , I’m annoyed because it does not work no shimmering searing griboullis, nothing absolutely nothing, what is the maneuver oh how complex I imagine to make out some sounds to make envy jealous a dj more than known, which I would not name by courtesy, go either magnanimous tell me the way on which I will not lose myself … thank you in any case for your help but I made your solutuion but nothing is to cry for joy or rage … well both I think :wink:

I’ll check out the correct cabling when I get some time. It should be possible to play the rocket with the A4’s keyboard. I ditched my MIDI-keyboard when I got my AKeys, playing all my synths with the AK. You will not be able to sequence it, though. For that, you would need the cv2midi box I mentioned above. Thennyou can use the cv track for the rocket.

1 Like

Many, many thanks that’s expensive this box!??
&you are very helpfully with me :notes:"muchas gracias" :musical_note:

@Augenadler
In essence my question will be more basic, how via the midi channel to control the rocket waldorf from the A4. More simple you die :upside_down_face:

Via the midi ext on the A4.

On the rocket, set the corresponding channel via it’s set option or setup the A4 to send on the correct channel.

I have an Analog Keys and I wasn´t aware that the A4 can send notes over midi from the mini keyboard. But the A4 doesn´t have the midi controller mode, the Analog Keys has, right?

In any way, what should work: go to Project -> Midi Config -> Midi Port Config. Set “Out Port Functionality” to Midi (Or choose Midi+USB if you want to control/record notes into your DAW over USB).

Under Output CH you can set if the mini keyboard sends notes on the Auto Channel or on a tracks channel. If you chose Auto Channel, make sure the Waldord Rocket is set to the same midi channel.

Under the Midi Channels tab you can set the midi channels for the tracks and the Auto Channel.

No sequencing from the A4 over midi and no velocity from the mini keyboard, though.

1 Like

you’re very concerned about my skills that I do not have, I can just play the parametric sound of the A4 on my Rhodes so more and I’m sorry I can not … good Sunday to you and your family

hey happy sunday @Augenadler
the correct channel is 1 for the waldorf in the set up I put it well receive notes and send notes but no sound and no flash light “Launch” so it means he does not receive a signal midi … .

happy days , musically yours
icarios

Happy sunday @Schnork , I can play a predefined sound on my Rhodes, but I imagine that there is more to do than simply record an arpeggio on the fly … but thank you your post is very interesting

good day…
icarios

Well, that’s a showstopper then. As I also have the AK, I cannot confirm this.

Big news: the new firmware 1.40 for the A4 just added midi sequenzing on six channels.

Hope your peoblems are solved now.

1 Like