Hello! Midi foot-controller goodness!

Hi elektronauts! Before I begin, just wanna say that this forum has been super helpful! Any time I have a problem or can’t figure something out, I just google it and it turns up on here. So thanks!

Also, I should mention that I am a complete OT and MIDI noob.

I was going to post to ask a question about midi latency with a Morningstar MC3 controlling rec1/2 on a pickup machine, but I did some tests before posting…aaaaaand it turns out the problem was that I had velocity set to 1 on my switches when it should have been 127. So problem solved!

Instead I’m just going to post to say hi and thank you to the community (sezare, you’re doing God’s work…) and to ask what kind of funky things people on here are doing with foot controllers. The MC3 is suuuper flexible, with up to sixteen midi messages sent per switch, double tap, long press, double long press, release…you get the idea. You can even program messages for bank shifts!

Like I said, I’m really new to midi and OT, so right now I’m just using MC3 to control PU recording, but I’m seeing loads of potential in this little box (it’s tiny!) And I wanted to try and get some inspiration and ideas from you other, more experienced OT users.

Thanks!

1 Like

howdy - i found this little setting to be useful for making the OT play more like the looping devices i was familiar with - the yamaha i was using has a little flexibility, more than most, but less than your gear no doubt - worth a try to make for more seamless loop building

3 Likes