Hello! Just bought Octatrack , very happy

Read “User Friendly Elektron Step Sequencer.”:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It’s like the most confusing sampler ever made…
Oh whoops, I’m not supposed to say that on here…
It’s easy! :grin:

5 Likes

If you don’t try all methods!

1 Like

I tried it. I manged to setup everything and were recording something. But then it disappeared somewhere in the depth of the octatrack. Sometimes it played somtimes not. Then I wanted to “remove” the PU and set another machine (flex or static) but when I hit play the recording started…couldn’t stop it. That drives me nuts.
As long as I don’t find an easy way to savely use this I keep away from this.
For me the octatrack is important for arranging.

Always always save your recordings if you want to keep them. I’ve never lost a recording because the first thing I do is save and assign to free static or flex.

2 Likes

Press the track its on + stop

Save em if you want to keep em for later but it’s nice if working with track length samples to learn how and let them live loop for awhile so you don’t have to go inturupting your jam to do something… :slight_smile:

I’ve spent many, many hours debugging OT stuff… Terrific jams spiraling into all night WTF is going on trouble shooting. Doesn’t give me troubles anymore…
In my opinion absolutely worth it for the things you can do once you learn what not to do, I’d do all over again in a heart beat. For better or for worse, you gotta pay your dues to wield an Octatrack and not let it beat you down… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The goal is to reach Operating Thetan (OT).

2 Likes

Yes! :joy:

1 Like

I jus pulled the trigger on a ot2. back in the game. woop woop.

youse are all to blame btw. shame on you :smile::+1:t2:

6 Likes

I hope you have no job nor family. :smile:

5 Likes

self employed and am not paternal in the slightest :smile::+1:t2:

5 Likes

Same for me I’m afraid! :scream:
Edit : not true, I bought a PO33 for my son. (and me?) :joy:

4 Likes

should get him another OT :grin:

2 Likes

:thinking: And modern Mozart with OT as instrument is born!?
I was seriously thinking about Digitakt for him. It needs a User Friendly recording function. :smile:
Too early anyway, he have to be able to read before I guess! (6 years old)
For now I’ll sync his works on PO33 with OT! :wink:

1 Like

I also highly recommend reading the manual…a couple of times.
I read it off a iPad every night two weeks before I got it and two weeks after. Probably read 10-15 pages a night. Read through three times. By the time I had it for two weeks everything just clicked.
Merlin’s guide was integral too as well as Cuckoo videos (I had a low-key job at the time and would put those on in the background).

2 Likes

baby steps :wink:

1 Like