Heat MKii with OB

I looked but couldnt see any other threads on this… I just upgraded from Heat MK1 to MK2 and now Im getting no overbridge connection. I have all the settings correct in the system USB config to OB on the Heat, but OB control panel wont see Heat MK2. Did i simply miss the announcement that OB is not Heat MK2 ready :frowning:

Yes you did miss that

3 Likes

ugh :confused:

1 Like

Was the upgrade worth it? Do you notice a big difference in the units?

Id say its only worth it if you like more info on the screen really. Sound wise, its the same. Really I was just lusting after that screen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Does that also mean that the MKii can’t act as an audio interface yet?

On the Elektron.se Overbridge Info is nothing written, that it doesn`t work with OB! :confused:

For example on RYTM:
(Overbridge for Analog Rytm MKII will be free of charge, and become available at a later date. Read more on Elektronauts.)

Have you installed the latest OS?

Okay, my Heat MK2 came today.

Not working with OB (yes, i have activate it in the Setup Menu), and also i cant use it as an Audio Interface!! Thats really bad!! :angry:

None of the ‘MK2’ devices work with Overbridge yet…there are literally 1000’s of posts (complaints!) about this on this and other forums due to it being so late. I also have the MK2 heat and it isn’t a great deal of use without overbridge when using it with a DAW…I also have a Digitone that isn’t Overbridge, but I don’t miss it so much on that…its the HEAT that really needs it for me as I wanted to run VST’s through it to warm them up (and it is very annoying as the HEAT Mk1 is almost identical and connects via overbridge!!). Currently my HEAT is just sat on top of my guitar amp as an overdrive!

1 Like

i hope they will soon release OB2.0… :frowning:

…but the Heat rocks, really push everything to another level :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

With mk1 it didnt work
At the end, elektron made a statement ‘we are a hardwarecompany’

I think elektron is very unreliable
Most of the elektron Instruments I bought last year were broken Or didnt work properly

Sorry I have tried finding the answer for this in various places and still not clear. If I buy a new MK2 will the current version of overbridge work with it until the new release? Some things I have read lead me to believe the box isn’t compatible. Thanks.

I bought a second hand heat MK2 and installed the OB beta OS on it. works as expected. It will work if you have the most up-to-date beta OS on the AHMk2 and OB software on your computer. If you aren’t a beta tester you won’t have access to this software so you’ll have to wait for a final release (which by the looks of things should be soon :sweat_smile: but don’t hold me to it.) or have a friend with access who would provide it.

Thanks. That’s a shame, I am a bit worried about waiting for it as not a beta tester. Might have to put my purchase off as mainly need it for processing audio in Ableton and OB was a key part of that. Or maybe I will pick up a second hand MK1 if I can.

Exact reason I did not hold off when the MK2 boxes were held off for the MK2 Heat. I needed it then and there. However I really do wish it had the better screen and the more info the MK2 has. But if you need it now , get it, you will not regret it , especially if you get it for a good price!

Ok can someone please tell me if i can use my new heat mk2 over usb or not? I was sold on the idea i could!

Yes you can use AH mkII with OB no problem