Headphones - for AR

Hi guys,
i’m looking to buy headphones (around 200 euros) to work with my AR. I just need a headphones which after i use them,and listen song on moniors - that song will be close with mix :P… Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro - any experience with these? Or maybe i shoud wait and buy Focal Spirit Professional ?

I have beyer dynamic 770, good headphone but bass are a little bit to low to mix correctly the deep sub of the AR, i d like to know too how is the 990.

Grado SR125s get my vote.

Thank you! You tryed them - and spirit pro also?
I need natural, and flat sound :slight_smile: - are grado has this kind of sound?

I have Grado’s SR80 and while the sound is very clean, they are so incomfortable that I rarely use them.
Instead, I use BeyerDynamics DT 880 Pro (250 Ohms). Not only do they sound amazing with the AR, they also are VERY comfortable to wear. Now I’m far from being a professional producer, so I’m not sure about being close to monitor’s sound, I didn’t notice a huge difference with the sound I get from my Yamaha HS7.
Problem (to me) with the DT770 is that they are closed, so the sound is very boomy. I find the 880 (semi open) to be more equilibrated.

But headphones are a very subjective topic…
The ideal would be to test them beforehand and chose what YOU prefer best.

+1 for the DT880 PRO’s :slight_smile: