Headphones advice

Hi guys,
can you advice me about a pair of headphones for about 50/70€?
I know sennheiser and AKG as good brands for headphones, but i don’t know the “good compromise” models, between quality and bugdget.
They’re for a friend gift that’s starting now to make some music with pc…

Thanks in advance for the tips! :slight_smile:

I have head good things about Audio Technica ATH-M50.
Can’t go wrong with Sennheiser.

Audio Technica are around 150€, at that price i would go for Sennheiser HD 25, but they’re over the beudget that’s about 50/70€

Thank anyway!

If you can’t stretch to the 130 mark, where you can find some good cans like the DT770 and such, i suggest the shure srh 240 or the audio technica ath m30. They will be good enough to start with, no doubt …

Thanks Shoki, we got some more budget, so we are now around 90€.
I’ve found AKG142 HD for that price, i’ve used in the past the AKG240 so i don’t know the difference so much.

Went for Audio Technica Pro ATH-M40X at the end, tought that the line is the same as M30, so we had some more budget and went for the M40.
Thanks for the advices! :slight_smile:

Good choice :+1:

The ATH-50M sometimes go on sale for around €100 (the non-X model). I see a pair of brand-new ones for €119 shipped on ebay right but that’s still more than your budget. They’re very solid as far as affordable studio headphones go.

I hesitate to recommend something that I haven’t used myself, but the Superlux HD 681 are frequently recommended as cheap studio headphones that are much better than the price indicates (one of those Chinese knockoff products that have surprising quality, like with some mics). Perhaps worth looking into!

For hifi headphones, I’m currently in love with the Ultrasone HFI 15G that are wonderful for €70. I only picked those up for using them with a Playstation Vita, but the sound quality surprised me. Those are not studio headphones, though, just for pleasure. :slight_smile:

edit: I should’ve read the entire thread!