Headphones 2022 recommendation

Just missed out on a pair of mint Audeze LCD-1 on Ebay. I was watching but the auction ended whilst I was out shopping in Sainsburys, and I couldn’t get a good enough signal to bid. I even tried rushing over to the bread aisle at the far end of the store to see if I could get better signal :slightly_smiling_face: . Went for £225. Maybe that’s a sign that I should get the LCD-X :joy:

3 Likes

They are manufactured in the same factory, if I’m not mistaken. Definitely close enough that the difference doesn’t matter, especially at that price point.

Sennheiser HD650 for comfort and long mixing session - open

Beyer Dynamic DT770 comfort, long session - closed

1 Like

…rocksolid for years…top notch reference…real full range…comes in softbag with two cables, clickconnected via mini xlr, one short, one long, both with their own jack adapters, perfect allrounder impedance, exchangeable softcussion earpads…

their latest update of their decades long experience in referance cans…
all made in germany…truu hi end quality for an unbelieveable price tag…250 bux…

beyerdynamics dt pro x series…closed 700’ or open 770’ version…
a sonic no brainer…promise.

1 Like

The Audeze LCD-1 are not listed on the Audeze site in the menu, and even if you do a search and find the page (on the Audeze site), they are listed as sold out. Anyone heard if they are replacing these with an upgrade?

Damn, mine better not break on me. I found some on Amazon but in the US (8 left in stock). Where are you based? Edit: profile says UK…

Yeah UK… I was gonna to commit to buying a pair, but might hang fire to see what’s going on.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to compare them with LCDs, but I’m very pleased with my Hifiman HE400se. An absolute steal, even with a Magni amp.

1 Like

Just found this info on head-fi.org

Looks legit…

“This month we are fulfilling most of whatever orders exist, but LCD-1 production is halted afterwards. I would not anticipate new stock of LCD-1s until further notice.”

" Thanks for the update, @Mad Lust Envy-- sad to see the LCD-1 being retired, but I actually think Audeze’s willingness to let models age out is just common sense. They did the same with the Sine and EL-8, both of which I have and like (the EL-8 models more than the Sine, though)."

1 Like

Hmm, should I get a backup pair now? :thinking: I’m just so used to their sound now, I don’t want to change!

1 Like

Yeh, be interested to see what they replace them with… might try and grab a pair anyhow going off the recommendations here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Found a pair of mint LCD-1s and I’m shocked how much better/more revealing/clean they are than my Hifiman he400i. The Hifiman are going on the fire :grinning:

1 Like

where did you get’em

Yes! I’ve been telling everyone for ages now. Forget Beyer and whatever else. Planar is the way.

3 Likes

I got them used in mint condition from EBay (UK)… Honestly, I’m blown away.

1 Like

Totally…the Hifiman are actually great and a solid entry level Planar IMO but it was like flicking a switch with the comparison to the LCD-1 and how much better they are.

1 Like

I’ve seen the LCD-X go on ebay for around £600 - tempted to pick some up at some point to compare to my Hedd Heddphones.

@Matmcr if you’re looking for something cost effective and very, very good, I can’t recommend the Ollo Audio headphones enough. They’re really fantastic.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, I’d be interested to experience the LCD-X considering what I’ve heard about them. I need to hang fire and get my head into these LCD-1’s first for a good few years, then go from there down the spiral of GAS and the never ending quest for perfection :rofl: haha

2 Likes

any model in particular?

I got the original S4 when it came out, but I think there’s an S5 now. The open back ones. I still use them to reference mixes on all the time.

1 Like