Headphone volume pot control

Hi There,
I am just getting to grips with my MD sps-1 mk II but noticed that the signal is super loud almost deafening. I lowered the eq gain to zero after watching max marco’s excellent youtube videos.
I noticed that the louder you raise the volume in the headphones it goes into stereo. When set to a low volume it is panned in only one earphone. Is that normal or something funky going on?

Also can you set the eq gain to zero as a default preset or not?

Thanks all

doesn’t sound right…

are you running a kit with an active Dynamix comp with high makeup?

Thanks for the reply. I am quite new to the Elektron world so please bear with me.
Would it help to do a factory reset? I just updated the os to 1.6.3 from 1.5.3 - That’s how I bought it.

The EQ gain is always set to 100 when making a new kit. Lowering this vastly improves the experience

you can’t change the auto setting on the EQ gain, unless you create a blank kit where this is set to 0 and load it as a template each time.

yes try a factory reset by all means, but then upgrade to X.08. you’ll be happier and richer.

Just did a factory reset but no change unfortunately. Oh wow I thought those unofficial was for UW only? Is it complete re write or does it mainly improve on what is there already?

Thanks again

additional lushness with X, for all md models.

yeah sorry to say could be some hardware issues on the vol pot/headphone circuit, but main outputs have same panning thing?

hopefully you can keep the volume pot at a certain level without blowing your ears in stereo.
enjoy the md