Headphone out to mix samples

Hello Everybody,

This is my first message on this forum. I´m the owner of a Digitakt and really loves it. As I´m playing more live and using new samples all the time, i would like to construct my sounds in live without having to test the sound on the speakers. It is possible or their is a way to make the headphone out like in Djs mixer ? For example if i want to ear a sample pressing FUNC+YES on file directory can i listen just in the Headphone ? And would be amazing if i can try some samples directly in the headphone to check if i have to change the note or change velocity to put it a loop. Your reply’s would be very appreciated. Thank You

If you mean like a cue channel to preview sounds while the DT is playing, this is not possible.

1 Like

Yes I mean that. Thank you for your reply.

Would be amazing if Elektron can add this feature :slight_smile:

Totally agree that would be awesome! I was jamming with a couple of friends last week and the only thing I could do was set the level of a sample to 0 and slowly mix in stuff. Would be really cool if I could audition first via separate headphone-channel.

2 Likes

I do the same thing hehe :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The OT can do this. The DT is just to get you hooked :grinning:

3 Likes

You could try this with Panning.

If you’re playing live or into a PA, than it’s all mono anyways. Pan all your active samples to the right channel, send that line out to the PA. All samples that you want to cue or mix, send them to the left and run your headphones out of the left output. When they are ready, slowly pan them back into the mix…

7 Likes

Sounds Good :slight_smile: Just to make sure, what is a PA ? sorry for my ignorance. Thank you

Cool. I’ve only used this trick to separate the kick channel from the rest of the mix, but not to que samples. A PA system (Public Address System) is what a lot of venues use:

“a system of microphones, amplifiers, and loudspeakers used to amplify speech or music in a large building or at an outdoor gathering.”

1 Like

Gonna try. Thank you !

Damn - that’s a clever solution! SMRT

Public address system

I found this thread because of the same question. So no cue… I have the Octatrack and plan to expand. What I was thinking is 2 ways: 1) Feed audio from the Digitakt through the Octa and use Cue on the Octa for checking samples on Digi and mix the Digi samples into the when everything is ready. 2) Send audio from Digi to the venue DJ mixer and check samples using the Cue on the mixer.