Headphone monitoring during transitions trick

Received my Octatrack today completing the dark trinity. Been trying to setup the transitions trick to start off with before diving deeper into the machine as that is one of the main reasons I got the machine.

Been following the Octatrack Xfader Transition Trick Variations YT video and got it all setup perfectly like in the video.

Only thing is that in the above method there seems to be no way to listen to the incoming A/B and C/D signal on my headphones. I would really like to be able to listen to the live A4/Rytm audio feed in order to reprogram/adjust the pattern while the Octatrack is playing the recorded loop.

The only way I have found in order to do so is to setup two Thru tracks for the A/B and C/D inputs, then mute them while keeping the XVOL at max for those two tracks then send the two Thru tracks to the cue output in order to monitor them on the headphones.

Is there anyway to do this without loosing two tracks that are solely setup to provide cue audio to the headphones? Is there no way to allow the Octatrack to turn the volume of DIR to min while on Scene B but keep the live output of A/B and C/D still going through to the headphones somehow?

1 Like

Hello there,
Did someone find the solution for this?
I would also like to cue my inputs while the loop of the Transition Trick is playing, but still, I didn’t find anything on the internet about it.

learn scenes, than use xvol to mute selected tracks on different scenes in a way you want to mix them, than slide between scenes.

1 Like

You need only 1 Thru track if you want to monitor both AB and CD input.

2 Likes

You can, press CUE + REC AB/CD (REC1/REC2). Fixed level (100).

6 Likes