Having some fun with OT MKII sequencing iPad kit

Been doing some Jamuary 2018 jamming this past month…and well, today marks the first day of bringing the Octatrack into the experiments and noodlings.

Here’s a link to what I composed today during lunch. I used the OT to sequence the following synths in AUM:
Midi Channels

1. Model 15
  2. Zeeon
  3. Zeeon
  4. Ruismaker FM
  5. Roli Noise
  6. Zeeon

Here’s a link to the result:

If you happen to enjoy what you’re hearing, you can find the rest of my Jamuary pieces on this playlist:

As always, thanks in advance for giving it a listen.

Peace everyone!
-policarpo
echo opera

5 Likes

Nice! I like it

Thank you sir…

Having some more fun with Korg Gadget today via the Octatrack for sequencing:

3 Likes

Oh boy. This is really super lovely! You’re getting a sound I also aim for; loscil inspired me, these building waves, brings me impressions of travel, flying, railways … can’t write more, listening …

1 Like

(I was listening to ‘a view toward infinity’ (and I’m listening again))

1 Like

Wow…thanks for that…I love Loscil a ton…

Another little exploration using Model 15, iSymphonic and Zeeon being sequenced by the Octatrack:

1 Like

Very nice :slight_smile:
Let me ask a question about AUM:
How did you get AUM to sync to midi?
I can place intstruments into AUM and play them via midi on the OT, that is not the problem…
But getting for example an AU device like Pumphouse to receive the Syncsignal from the Master OT is something I could not accomplish…
How do you do that?
Can you post a screenshot to give me an idea?
Thanks in advance

Yeah…that’s an odd one. If you really want to get MidiClock syncing working with OT and AUM, you need to make the OT a slave to AUM by turning on Sending MIDI Clock in AUM, and then route it to your OT. And then on the OT, you would go to Projects>Midi>Sync and enable Clock Receive and Trans Receive as YES.

And then, whenever you hit play in AUM or adjust the tempo in AUM, the OT will update.

I don’t think AUM receives Midi clock since it’s all about Ableton Link…but at least doing the setup above, the OT would be synced via Ableton Link and would harmonize with any other link enabled apps on your wifi network :slight_smile:
Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any help.

2 Likes

That helped a lot… Thank you :slight_smile:

Did you try Link to MIDI? Haven’t tried it myself but it might work and it’s free I think.

Link to MIDI by Alexandernaut

Yeah…it does the same thing as the AUM update I described above…I don’t think Alex has updated Link to MIDI for a while.

Good to know thanks! I’m a little behind on keeping up with iOS apps these days.

Trying some new things with additional AUM based effects:

1 Like

Just catching up with this thread. Still working my way through your music but thanks from the outset for all the details about how you sequence iPad synths with your OT … it’s something I haven’t even attempted yet but you’re getting inspiring results.

i’m 5 songs into your jamuary playlist and really liking it. perfect music for a winter morning, thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for the feedback and crate diving of my soundcloud tracks :facepunch:t3:™️

I’ll keep posting as new tracks and explorations come off the OT beast.

Truly appreciate you all taking time to give things a listen.

Fwiw, my album is on Bandcamp, Spotify and Apple Music if you want it to be a part of regular rotation.

Artists Name: echo opera

Cheers,
-policarpo

2 Likes

nice, i’ll give the album a listen on apple music too. :slight_smile:

Another little journey from this morning: