Has the OT aged well?

It has aged well I think but it kind of sits in a odd spot as far as sound quality goes. It’s not gonna be the ultracrunchy mirage but it’s also not as high quality as many modern samplers. The fx are also sort of in this boat. Also the way the tails get cut off on the sequencer. Still though as a full package it is more than enough to produce and be ready to do live shows.

No instrument ages well. That’s why I throw all my guitars and synths in the bin every couple of years.

Seriously though the OT is as current as the samples you put into it.

3 Likes

6.5 years on and I would like a second one.

4 Likes

where is the time going? On 29.11.2011 i bought the OT, my very first Elektron device!

this scares me a bit

2 Likes

It’s aged a lot better than me and despite my disappointment about the lack of upgrades I just got a second one. In my opinion it’s equally iconic as the x0x boxes. And that’s not to contradict what I wrote above. I do have a hard time getting the FX to sound the way I’d like them to.

1 Like

FX can be tricky on the OT! I found out that the adjustment of the sound-level plays a big role how the FX sounds: delay, chorus, phaser, flanger

You know, after nearly six years of using the OT, it still works and this makes me feel that this was one of my best investment.
After the mk2 announcement my OT now gets more love… it is still a powerful gear and I can’t imagine a setup without.
The OT is such an universal tool… with creativity you could get nearly everything out of it.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I sold my first OT 5 years ago.
I sold my second OT yesterday.
I bought the MK2 today.

6 Likes