Hardware Synth to pair with DT? (for those lonely MIDI lanes!)

If only the thing had 16 voice polyphony to use 16 sample slots…

But, alas, it wants MIDI slaves… it NEEDS MIDI slaves…

So where do I get some decent slaves?

I started with a Blofeld, figured it’s mutlitimbral and has some sweet sounds for the price, but I’m on the fence about keeping it. Not super inspiring, and the knobs are funky (it’s brand new). For the price, it probably can’t be beat by other hardware… so I’m looking at “software” but maybe in iOS?

I’m now looking at either Korg plugKey, or some interface to use an iPad as a synth module. New iPad is $300, so even with a $100 interface, this is less than a Blofeld! That’s $100 left for software to keep it even. I think a LOT of software can be had for $100. Would this be stable to use live on stage? Probably… And I could use LoopyHD with clock-sync alongside the DT!

Are there any multitimbral iOS synths? If not, what are good AU apps? I don’t think NAVE is, or Animoog (those are my 2 favs on my iPad2), but I don’t own that many! I have the Moog Model D, SunrizerXS, DM1, and a few others. Can I use something with InterAppAudio to route MIDI channels to different non-AU apps?

Or is there something besides Blofeld that will be awesome and fill out my tracks?

24 posts were merged into an existing topic: Best synth to pair with Digitakt? If you only had one