Hanging notes?

My DN hang notes all the time with OB, its about time that elektron fix this!

1 Like

I had a similar issue, hanging notes when played from the Keystep, mostly happens when over loading the available oscillators but not always.

I have the following setup:

Keystep -> (out) |
| -> Midi Merge Cable - > Digitone
Digitakt -> (out) |

The midi merge cable is a pretty standard two in one out single cable.

Digitakt is master sending clock to the Digitone only (nothing going into the keystep).

I resolved the issue by setting:

Midi Config -> Port Config -> Output Port Func = DIN24

I did lose the ability to press play/stop on the digitakt and control the digitone i.e. the press play digitakt plays, digitones does not :frowning:

I would be interested to know know if this is just me not understanding the complete workings and Therefore it’s not a related issue, or if this resolved the issue for others setups and if so how come ?

Happy Music Making Elektronauts!

2 Likes

Hi, I have encountered the same problem when sequencing Digitone from the Force. (as it can be heard here)

Did you get any update from Elektron about this since your message ?

Yves Ma

Unfortunately, no update.
Still waiting for this issue to be fixed, but I’m really losing hope…

Hasn’t Ess made his email public? Perhaps talking to someone who knows everything about the DN might help. (I get hanging notes too, whether using OB or not)

I have a new Digitone, an Akai MIDI keyboard and I’m using Overbridge standalone. If I play and stop a pattern then play a note of the Akai keyboard the note hangs. If I the power cycle the Digitone the problem goes away. This is repeatable and consistent.

I opened a support case to see if there’s any plans on fixing this since it makes the Digitone nearly unusable as a synth.

I’ll post their reply here.

April 28 - Elektron User Care responded right away: ‘Thanks for reporting, we appreciate it. The development team is currently working on this issue.’

Based on the age of this thread I’m not holding my breath for a fix. At least they were nice.

1 Like

Can’t believe they didn’t fix it until now. Got the problem with hanging notes since the beginning and it’s detailed reported over two years now.

2 Likes

Same problem! OMG, still no update?

Edit: Though I’d found something that worked for me, but I’m still getting hanging notes with OB. Shall stick with MIDI here for now.

Lol at all the doom and gloom in this thread. Don’t worry people, if it’s a legit bug that they know about and have acknowledged and say that they are working on a fix for, why would you doubt them?

3 Likes

I was sending it midi through overbridge the other day
and it was going mental on and off notes sticking everywhere…
was pretty bad probably because short notes

Definitely sounds like it’s missing the note off or velocity 0 message in your case.

Crap! This made me think of a Max device I could make to send note off messages when the transport stops :joy:.

slaps self in face

I have to finish my studio and make some damn music! It’s been months of building furniture and making max devices haha.

1 Like

There is a whole long thread about this issue on here
so I believe they will fix it eventually … if it is possible that is…
building furniture and stuff can be fun aswell I guess!

1 Like

i found that it only hangs notes if i use the trigs on the digitone as keys. itll be fine but as soon as i press a trig notes start randomly hanging

Why does not Elektron fix this? It seems like they don’t give a **** about certain things.

2 Likes

Boom! :boom:

End of thread :blush:

1 Like
1 Like

Still not fixed

Can you post a video of the specific case that you use to replicate the issue? we tested this pretty hard.

Haven’t had a chance to test it, did it solve the issue?