Handsomeaudio Zulu

This just feels like if I were to go on the RYTM thread, and tell everyone I can recreate any of their sounds by using Ableton and plugins. If people disagreed, I’d tell them it’s close enough for me, and it’s not worth the extra money for something that can be done for much less using a digital emulation.

If we’re going by ear, I think I’m going to trust how they feel about Zulu’s emulation which happens to use analog components including transformers. They’ve gotten me this far.

1 Like

That would probably be a pretty legit argument too in my opinion, in terms of purely the sounds generated, Ableton and push 2 is a valid rytm alternative, not 100% but damn close (or ‘different’ but nice) with the right drum machine/samples/fx etc… But the RYTM UI/workflow/immediacy is a huge part of its appeal, and some people don’t wanna use computers which is fair enough, it not only about ‘sound’ with a lot of harware. Same as OT/mpc etc… I’d love a RYTM, mostly based on how much I know I’d dig the UI/immediacy.

Maybe this forum needs two login pages, ‘ITB Elektron users’ + ‘OTB elektron users’ :wink: its a pretty big divide with different sets of requirements/options :wink:

1 Like

I’m with you @Callofthevoid , plugins are incredible these days, heaps of tape emulations like this one, and the convenience of plugins can’t be beaten.
@Prints how can you make out this tape emulation is so good when you haven’t even heard it? and your claim that plugin tape emulations don’t compare is just silly and ignorant, especially when you haven’t even heard any good ones.
This IS a tape emulation, not the real thing, so your assumptions that this thing sounds as good is just wishful thinking at this stage.
Dude your GAS levels are off the chart.

1 Like

I’ve heard several online examples. You guys are insane coming on this thread trying to convince me not to buy something I’ve been trying to share with you guys. Especially, with the dev making a visit and being gracious enough to answer questions, and create demos.

Are you really that dense, to think it’s appropriate to have a digital vs analog debate on this particular thread? Create your own. I’m so tired of that damn debate. I don’t need to be told what to buy by you LOVELY people.

I don’t want to use your damn plugins, and I’m buying a Zulu. Deal with it.

1 Like

De ja vu. Tape emulation vs tape Emulation, which is what we are essentially talking about, is not the same as Analog vs Digital. Buy what you want, couldn’t care less. Read back through and you’ll see that it was originally more like you stepping in trying to convince me that I should buy this instead of use digital cos digital was blatantly incapable.

You possibly have some kind of issue where you can’t deal with people having different opinions and take it way too personally…

It’s gotten a little long-winded. I don’t appreciate being called ignorant, or to have my buying habits criticized.

I did neither of those things. You said ‘fools’ plural, so I assume you were aiming that at me among others. Totally unnecessary man, not cool…

Edit - I see you’ve removed the insults from your post now. Let’s leave it at that :wink:

I’m done repeating myself. Your point has been made ad nauseam.

@Everyone : Disagree agreeably and respect that there are many opinions on many matters :thup:

5 Likes

Oh, is that how it went down? Thanks for making me aware of my issues.

It’s just gear. Just different opinions. Don’t take it so personal. No one is trying to convince you to do anything. Why would anyone really care what you buy? People are here just weighing stuff up for their own requirements/workflow/setups. Same way that you are. We aren’t all ‘you’ :wink:

It got personal so I reacted. No surprise. You’ve already stated that you don’t have any intention of buying this. I understand why you’ve not going to buy this quite clearly. I’m starting to react more emotionally because I’m getting really annoyed. I despise these digital emulation vs analog emulation debates. I still have that Stam SA4000 SSL clone on preorder, and created a thread for it. You came on that thread with the exact same argument. You don’t think it’s worth the money because you can do the same thing with plugins. Are you seeing a trend here?

Eh?? I actually said I was really interested in it, I hope they nailed it and I would be waiting for user reviews and possibly buy it when I start playing shows again…

see below

This is boring and confusing now.

Oh, just now? lol

Guys…

A thread is made for a new product that, at the very least, is a fresh and unique take on something. The actual designer joins in and goes into detail about their product and is willing to take anyone’s files and process them. We’re talking a true blue boutique entrepreneur in our field of hobby/work for a product any of us could enjoy. Some might be researching the product now, some might do a search later and come upon this thread…

And what will they find? A flame war that could easily have been taking to private messages a long time ago.

Can you do all of us, including the very patient and generous Mr. Masingale a favor and take it some place else?

Well done Handsomeaudio!

4 Likes

Hear, hear!