Gyza - Sunfire

Hi all, I’ve just released a new album titled, Sunfire. It’s a mix of IDM, braindance, and acid. I would immensely appreciate your time and support if you listened to it and gave your thoughts.

Follow me on IG, Fb, and bandcamp if you like what you hear! Stay sane and we’ll talk again soon.

8 Likes

Loving it so far! But I already knew I would. Love the high tempo brain dance the most. @glooms @nilsec @Unifono

Outro on Exigent Nature was raw. I always love how stuff just ends abruptly. How much Digitakt vs Octatrack is used on the Album?

3 Likes

@Cepheid Yeah, the high tempo stuff just comes second nature to me, I have trouble making slower stuff believe it or not haha

So exigent, ternura, and saturn return was recorded through an Octatrack. Vox, Sunfire, and Light years was pretty much all DT and DN.

Saturn Return is by far I think the most moving. The female vox in Vox Krysallis is great. Reminds me a little of the vocal from Orbital’s Halycon, except way more intense application (this is good thing). The chopped / glitched melodies are beautiful. I can hear some drums breaking down into triplets at times within your tracks. Really great stuff!

1 Like

Yeah that one is definitely the most intense in terms of breaking down the beat and conjuring up some of my metal/progressive influences in IDM. Also, totally flattered you thought it was a female in Vox haha it’s yours truly on those vocals :smirk:

Hahaha, my bad! It sounds good and that’s what counts. Wish I could sample some decent vocals like that.

Try recording yourself in a higher register with smooth/airy voicing and pitch it up a few semi tones. You should get a pretty decent start to a nice vocal sample to manipulate.

1 Like

Bumpz for BC day!

If you like acid, braindance, IDM, and just in general Squarepusher and Aphex then check out the album! Buy it and share it with like-minded friends.:wink:

1 Like