My Grime 140 bpm UK Garage

I sent this tune to the Godfather of Grime music - DJ Slimzee and he replied me straight away saying “sounds decent :ok_hand:t2:“. I was so blessed to receive energy back.
Might be the first time an OB6 has ever been used for Grime music! All made out of the box and then I chucked some plugins on once I had the stereo file in the DAW and did a bit of cut and shut.

OT was sequencing everything. A4/Machinedrum/TR8 on drums - Amazing combination!

https://soundcloud.com/pkrynx/darxxxeeker-master

5 Likes

hard! spat a quick bar to this, thought it was too busy at first but nah I was wrong, keep it up

1 Like

BOYAAKASHAN!!! Easy how we flex lyrical G… aka the one we call… JB!
I used to write lyrics too.
I’d love to hear ya! Who is your favourite Grime MC?

1 Like

yeah ive been rapping longer than beatmaking, i’m not generally a grime guy I listen to a lot of US hip hop, don’t really know enough grime to make a fair judgement honestly. my favourite UK rapper would be jehst but thats UK hip hop not really grime. being an english rapper i’ve got a few grime verses stashed. might record over this if I get some free time and your blessing, for fun not release

edit:about 5 plays later this instrumental still bangs man, enjoying rapping to this. what music do you normally make?

4 Likes

COOL!
I love Jehst. Nuke Proof Suit is a piece genius and I loved The Mengi Bus. I’ve been rapping for a long while too but started to get into producing more since I stopped living in Ayia Napa.

Garage/Grime/Eski/Sublime/what d’you call it/Garage is where I normally am beating around. About 140bpm. It seems to match my pace of life and heartbeat ever since I heard it.

I’ve got a brace of live jams on YouTube mate… search Philo Krynx and check it. :slight_smile:
I’ve got a 4x4 bubbler (DJ Narrows style) and a very experimental piece on my bandcamp too.

Yeah man, nothing serious here to. If you get something down then so be it!

Peace and good riddling!

2 Likes

Here’s a YouTube jam :slight_smile:

Thanks for the positive energy bumberaas! :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Make more grime man youre good at it, im gonna check out your other stuff soon as I get the chance to today

1 Like

Thanks man! I really appreciate it.
If you want any of the riddims for listening or to spit to then I can send the AIFF’s over to you. Here, I’ll give you my soundcloud. All the tunes are free and downloadable I think… if you fancy supporting me then here’s my bandcamp :slight_smile:

some rhymes on this nice stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the warmsin vibes :slight_smile:

nice one! can I download them directly from soundcloud? I dont use it. if you can send me the AIFF for that first one thatd be great im feeling it

I made DARXXXEEKER downloadable mate. So click on the link and go ham! :wink:

Here’s some jams I’ve been working on heading towards something bigger…

I’ve been mixing this into my NS-10’s but my room is awful. I’d love to know how this is sounding on your setups. What you saying @jb? @RiddimFernandez

I recorded this straright into my Sony HDR-MV1 and uploaded it. I know the results are more audibly satisfying after getting it into the DAW and putting some plugins on it. I’m looking forward to cleaning it up and creating more material. I have some more ideas saved in the RYTM that I want to build upon and need to create some more to get the minute count to where I want it to be.

3 Likes

(Mods - can we please merge this thread with Who’s making grime/bass/140? ? And maybe this whole thread needs to be moved to the lounge so we can talk about 140bpm related stuff?)

love the chaos in your beats man, broad sound selection. seems like you’ve got a million ideas and the whole beat is constantly moving somewhere new. this is great in regards to making more content but you could do with stretching some parts out into a longer beat, I get into a groove and then its a different song. you’ve got about 200 songs in there! not a negative, but you could easily double the length of this set without adding any new elements and it still wouldn’t be repetitive. thats my view as a rapper though, not as a general listener. could do with an all over master in DAW cause I did have to crank my volume slightly more than usual. but anyway, those are just my criticisms at a push. sounds great mate

2 Likes

…i totally agree on this…

…not only from a vocalists point of view…also from the live point of view in general…

ur rushing…a bit…no need to…ur inner felt lenght for most parts would work out bigger if u give them always a double round for better perception…

and hey…apart from some final loudness maximization there’s not much final treatment missing…overall mix sounds pretty fine and good to go the way it is…

but, er, this ain’t no grime anymore…innit?..part around 9:30 in is dope…
but rushing away too fast, man…
constant change is cool…but take it slow anyways…

2 Likes

yeah that was the other point I was gonna make, its a much faster BPM than id usually rap over but I could imagine a more rave MC type of rapper over it so I left that out. I can see the grime influence in it but i’d slow it down if thats what you’re going for or maybe find a vocalist to hit it so people can see the direction. could add some more structure and help with shifting the track so quickly

1 Like

Mumdance used to use an Octatrack.

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen.
I plan on lengthening each ”song” but for the purposes of a sketchbook I decided to do single runs of each pattern.

It’s great to hear the mix is sounding nice. This my original scrap book; https://soundcloud.com/pkrynx/scrap-book100
Couple of plugins on the master and it brings those levels up, right!?

Going to continue to dig and work towards a final draft. Really appreciate your comments.

2 Likes