Grid Mode Editing Not Working, Live Rec Working

I’ve used the DN for a while and I’m fairly familiar, but just recently picked up a DN and I’ve run into a really odd issue.

I’m routing Midi from a KS37 -> DT -> DN via the MIDI Out. Everything is using MIDI channel 16 as Auto-channel and the KS37 is outputting to MIDI ch16. I’ve got DT MIDI 9,10,11,12 controlling DN 1,2,3,4. Track mutes are working, I can play chromatically via the KS37 and hear appropriate results.

I can enable live recording on the DN, after selecting one o the tracks, 9-12, and the trigs appear on the grid in the DN with appropriate parameters.

However, if I attempt to grid record, the note is always recorded as C5, Velocity 100 for every note.

In an effort to troubleshoot, I tried running the DT MIDI Thru -> DN MIDI in, and this does make grid recording work again, but of course this isn’t ideal since I want to use the DT as my master-brain.

Checked the obvious ones, Auto-channel is 16 on all, Receive Notes is enabled on the DN…it’s clearly ABLE to receive the note information since it’s doing so in live-rec mode, including velocity information, yet the only thing I ever get in grid-edit mode is C5/100 regardless of what the KS37 is sending.

I know there are other threads out there about this, but none of them were current or had positive resolutions.

Thanks in advance for any help!

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Yes you can use a MIDI keyboard to grid edit