Great live performances by bands and artists YouTube videos

Apologies if this kind of thread exists but I did look and couldn’t see. I love finding great performances by artists I know or don’t know on YouTube and like to see what other people recommend too. Here’s a few:

Battles - Atlas (Live on Jools Holland 2007)

QOTSA - Misfit Love (live on the Henry Rollins show)

JD Beck ft DOMi on Zildjan Live

Prince - Purple Rain (live at First Avenue, Minnesota - the actual live recording that became the final song)

David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World (live on SNL 1979 with Klaus Nomi and Joey Arias)

1 Like

Lambchop

1 Like

Might be old sauce but the drumming in this made my jaw drop. Not just the incredible playing but the mic placement and closeness to the originals sound is astounding.
I guess practise does make perfect,

3 Likes

Both him and Louis Cole are insane modern drummers. They’re just exciting and interesting.

There’s a few related videos in here but mostly about Octatrack users:

Thank you. I was intending it to be for bands / artists etc as there’s tons of cool stuff on YT that I am probably missing out on or have seen and want to share. Have changed the title to reflect that, hopefully that’s different enough then.

1 Like

The thread I linked to ended up being lots of favourite live performances of all types in the end.

Well your launching selection sets the tone.
Time for a bookmark deep dive.

Basically my life will always suck because i wasn’t there :

Ah OK, I’ll check it out. Thank you.

1 Like