Goliath - 16 hands in one

…a reminder, just in case… :relaxed::grin:

Are there min / max values for CCs ?
Can you map Ot’s crossfader CC48 to Goliath ?
Maybe that’s Morph4 purpose…

there’s no min/max tha can be set for the parameters, so you’ve the full range 0-127 but depending on how the Goliath is setup, you can define a sort of range (it is possible to setup the Goliath so that turning the encoder will either wrap values around or not)[quote=“sezare56, post:58, topic:38049”]
Can you map Ot’s crossfader CC48 to Goliath ?
[/quote]
yes, the encoder on the Goliath is mapped to CC48, therefore it can be controlled externally either using the OT, another MIDI device or a DAW :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thanks. Is there a complete manual ?

Edit : so you don’t have a range for each CC, but a global range ?

you can download the manual from the website

yes, you could look at it this way, although the range for each MIDI CC will depend on a couple of different factors: initial value of the parameter when assigned to the Goliath and whether or not the Goliath is setup to wrap/not wrap the values. the manual should hopefully help clarify this (if not…do not hesitate to comment/give feedback :relaxed: )

1 Like

just a reminder for those who missed the post/interested. this will be valid until end of the month so go grab one…emmm…two! :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. Treated myself to an early Christmas present.

3 Likes

:laughing: nnice one…looking forward to some feedback… :control_knobs:

edit: …and i think more people should treat themselves to an early christmas present…no? :grin: :laughing:

3 Likes

…start new year with a Goliath? :control_knobs::relieved::control_knobs: :grin:

2 Likes

lill’ remainder …just in case :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

So you can assign 16 ccs to it? How do you assign the CCs, on the box or by computer? Can it store different groups of CCs?

probably best to read the other thread . there are some videos on it too.

in short - you set it to ‘learn mode’ and any cc it picks up is added to a list’… they can be from computer or midi out of a box.
once the list is done , when you move the dial it’ll inc/dec all of those cc’s .

that thread / main website will definitely help as i havent used it.

this is from the thread.

together with being able to control up to 16 MIDI CCs at once (and up to three bunches/presets for a total of 48), the Goliath also comes with a randomizer and notes generator.

1 Like

Just bought this little box second hand… looking for a manual in pdf if anyone happens to have one, all the links on this thread are dead and not much info online, thanks in advance!

Goliath_Manual-0_8_0.pdf (150.4 KB)

3 Likes

Amazing, thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, it’s seems quite easy and fun to use but I’m having difficulty getting it to control cc’s over different midi channels on my Digitakt… for example; controlling the filter cutoff of multiple tracks doesn’t work, it only controls the cutoff for the track I have selected on the Digitakt. I have tried all sorts of midi settings on the DT but not getting it to work, if anyone has the solution they can share that would be greatly appreciated! Cheers :slight_smile:

I guess you’re sending AUTO CHANNEL with DT knobs…

From manual…

Midi > Port Config > OUTPUT CH selects whether the knobs will send data on the auto channel or the track channel.

4 Likes

That fixed it, now I’m having fun! Thank u :pray:

3 Likes