Glo Phase 'Rare Colors' Project file and Sample pack

Hey all!

Over the years I’ve had a quite a handful of requests to make an AR project file and samples available so finally have gotten around to putting something together over the past month.

‘Rare Colors’ Analog Rytm Project File & Sample Pack

-28 fully developed and configured patterns in an Elektron Analog Rytm project file
-287 samples total (including variation in chord qualities) amongst 89 sample chains
-brief supplemental text file with an overview of process

I’m making the samples available without the project file as well. Here are two short sets incorporating the samples and patterns within:

If I had the time and money I would absolutely make this free but unfortunately I do not. To that, I have sunk some hours into this. Hopefully this finds the users that had inquired previously and any others to whom it might be helpful. Also I should mention this has been successfully tested on both the MKI and MKII.

Cheers!
Joe

5 Likes

Good work, may give it a try. What’s the size including samples? Limited space on my AR …

1 Like

Thank you! The sample folder size is 28.7 MB. I had anticipated any users likely wanting their own samples loaded as well so watched the sample size, didn’t anticipate getting it quite that low given how much is in there. Think I’ve just gotten used to being extra vigilant with sample space.
Cheers!

1 Like

Love this! Had a question, at 10:35 on Track 7, it look like multiple chords are being triggered via separate trigs from the sequencer. How is that being done?

From a traditional mindset, I would think that you simply had one long chord progression looped on Track 7, and that you would only need to trigger it once per full loop cycle. However, the constant flashing clued me in that it was something else.

If the answer is sample chains, that would make sense, because I’m still learning and I dont know much about those yet.

If I get the pack, is there a way for me to play around with stuff like this?

1 Like

Hey thanks! I’ve stayed away from anything more than one shot samples on the AR as 1) no time stretch, and 2) space is oh so precious. I’m generally using chromatic mode to pitch the one shot samples in order to form chord progressions. Sample chains to also come into play as I’ll sample different voicings, etc., with the same sound so that I have more options chord change wise. Generally just a minor variation / major variation. The project file would allow you to load up all of these patterns and see how everything is built and configured, so you could quite literally play around with. cheers!

I happened on your RYTM live sets on youtube a couple of months ago, and they really struck a chord with me—love the vibe and the flow of the sets. I’m a relative beginner, working on a Digitakt and a Syntakt, and achieving a similar feel has been an interesting goal. Thanks for this reminder to support what you do, just picked up the live album and sample pack.

2 Likes

hey super appreciated! have a blast with those machines. Please share anything you put together with the samples or otherwise. cheers.

Just purchased your project files!
Looking forward to seeing how you work that magic.

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey thanks! Hope you get something out of it. Absolutely get in touch if any questions.
Merry Christmas to you!
-Joe

1 Like

Thanks, will do!

1 Like